Pieminister

JoeyT

The Yeo Valley yogurt stall springs to mind; though I'd miss that. Used to be the bargain of the festival with a huge yogurt for a quid (price has stayed the same but the pot is distinctly less huge)

Right I'm probably using failed logic but Yeo are exception as the actually sponsor the fest. I'd be happy to see the others excluded. Edited by Splatt

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame as one of my daughter's friends always used to work the Pieminister stall at Glasto.

But agreed that Square Pie is pretty good and also agree about the bakery on the way to the Acoustic Field. Lovely fresh baked bread and pies.

As for Brothers - if you trace the origins you go back to Showerings and their sixties perry Babycham. It's just that very clever marketing has got them back to the front line. But it's basically the same stuff in bigger bottles.

article-0-15A450DD000005DC-558_233x289.j

Welsh Oggie between the other and dance area. Best value pie on site by a mile and does a curry version from memory. In fact one oggie can provide a 2 people snack midday :)

This is causing debate in my house right now.. I only remember there ever being lamb and beef Oggies (both lush), but the missus is sure there has also been a curry and vegetable versions :-S I am sure if I had seen a curry one I would have been all over it!!!

I enjoy a Pieminister pie... I have them mentally linked with Glastonbury and Brothers. Was mildly miffed that the Brothers Bar and Pieminister stall had been separated last year.

Speaking of food stalls that disappeared from Glastonbury; who remembers the Breadie? Awesome Yorkshire pudding shaped bread things filled with curry and rice. Splendid!!

Shame as one of my daughter's friends always used to work the Pieminister stall at Glasto.

But agreed that Square Pie is pretty good and also agree about the bakery on the way to the Acoustic Field. Lovely fresh baked bread and pies.

As for Brothers - if you trace the origins you go back to Showerings and their sixties perry Babycham. It's just that very clever marketing has got them back to the front line. But it's basically the same stuff in bigger bottles.

It is indeed the same stuff. Hopefully that will give you some ideas for what to do if Brothers run another one of their 'promote brothers on this forum for a chance of winning some cheap branded tat' promotions.

Edited by Mark E. Spliff

It was me that originally tweeted to Pieminister last night....my phone wouldn't stop going off this morning when they responded and various people retweeted or tweeted with my username in it!

Shame it won't be there, always a good meal to fuel me for a few hours. Looks like Square pie all the way now!

I used to love a pieminister and a (proper) brothers, not the syrup stuff, in previous years. Went to pieminister and my favourite pie was gone last year so didn't actually eat one in the end! It's pretty close to where we camp so I'm looking forward to see what replaces it, whatever it may be.

my favourite of the stalls is mango rays near the other stage. They do food markets and festivals around Manchester City centre, smaller fests like Kendal calling etc. with Glasto as their big one. now it looks from their Twitter like they are moving round the corner to by the other field entrance which will be really good for them.

Brothers cider and that warm alcoholic apple soup they serve at the bus are both overrated. Tuborg doesn't seem to be rated by anyone!

I'm expecting it to be £5 a pint this year. Thankfully Glasto is one of the few main festivals where we're still allowed to bring our own alcohol into the main areas. For now.

Never had a pie. Too much stodge for me. I try and avoid heavy food for five days for obvious reasons

Brothers cider and that warm alcoholic apple soup they serve at the bus are both overrated. Tuborg doesn't seem to be rated by anyone!

I'm expecting it to be £5 a pint this year. Thankfully Glasto is one of the few main festivals where we're still allowed to bring our own alcohol into the main areas. For now.

Never had a pie. Too much stodge for me. I try and avoid heavy food for five days for obvious reasons

I love the cold cider bus stuff. Really nice in the sun!

I'll quite happily drink Tuborg from bottles or draught outside of the festival, but draught in the festival is horrendous.

Are they not just keeping it fresh? There's squillions of places to eat, a bit of rotation in what's there each year probably isn't a bad thing

A bit of rotation can be a very good thing, but surely you want to rotate out the lower end of the scale.

I'm not massively fond of Pieminster, so won't be mourning them, but if the report is true I can't get my head around the decision to get rid of Grillstock - just in terms of Burgers alone they were amongst the best on site, there's about 50 stalls around the Pyramid + Other stages that deserved to be ditched first.

A bit of rotation can be a very good thing, but surely you want to rotate out the lower end of the scale.

I'm not massively fond of Pieminster, so won't be mourning them, but if the report is true I can't get my head around the decision to get rid of Grillstock - just in terms of Burgers alone they were amongst the best on site, there's about 50 stalls around the Pyramid + Other stages that deserved to be ditched first.

dont think ive ever had one, square pies were pretty good, i agree theres a lot of pretty crappy food places aswell as the good ones that could be weeded out, if you're gonna spend 8 and a half quid on a meal, it should be worth it, ive had acouple of shoddy ones too. i generally dont eat a lot in the real world & havent really gone looking for food at glasto, just grabbed whatevers around or takes my fancy at the time, 2011 i think i ate 3 meals the entire festival, & odd bits my mates missus brought with her, spent a small fortune last year because we took no food & bought everything there, this year a bit of forward thinking on a few meals i think

It was a brilliant brainwave of marketing. You'd never have caught a bloke drinking Babycham in the 70's & 80's. Marketed strictly to women it was.

I'm also disappointed at no more Pieminister. I took a photo of their stall at lunchtime on the Thursday when they first moved from West Holts. Deserted. Not a single person. The queue when they were next to Brothers was always at least twenty deep.