Efests General Election

gary1979666

Efests General Election 2015  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who has your vote at the UK 2015 General Election?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • UKIP
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Other
    • Abstain
    • Not Voting

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then surely he should vote Green, for a pro-EU referendum option?

I've told him that, but he thinks that given UKIP's red-line stance on a referendum they'll have more chance of sticking to it.

Which is barmy on multiple fronts, the first being that he lives in Bristol West and Greens are polling 2nd while the racist twats are polling 5th. The rest of the barminess being UKIP.

I've told him that, but he thinks that given UKIP's red-line stance on a referendum they'll have more chance of sticking to it.

Which is barmy on multiple fronts, the first being that he lives in Bristol West and Greens are polling 2nd while the racist twats are polling 5th. The rest of the barminess being UKIP.

You missed out barmy because a stay-in result from a referendum won't be accepted anyway by UKIP. They only very recently changed to actually having a referendum; before that it was out without one.

You missed out barmy because a stay-in result from a referendum won't be accepted anyway by UKIP. They only very recently changed to actually having a referendum; before that it was out without one.

It'd be accepted by the nutty Tory backbenchers, and it'd probably stop the media raising it for a while.

Still idiotic though.

I found out my ex voted UKIP. It should not have bothered me but it did. It made me feel a little defiled.

My ex was a Tory. I should have disowned her the second I found out, talking about foreign aid with her made my blood boil.

Anyway I'm voting Labour.

I'm hoping the inevitable result of parliament being hung, will put PR back on the agenda.

I live in Rotherham so I'm voting Labour as I'd rather not have UKIP represent me in Parliament. But if that wasn't the case I'd probably would have spoiled my ballot but I may be tempted to tomorrow morning though. But that being said Labour is still the best party out of the lot in my opinion and I have major problems with the rest of them.

Edited by justanothername

am i the only one who thinks hating someone based purely on who they vote for a little strange?

if i found out a friend was going to vote ukip i wouldnt agree but to then think oh ...i cant be friends with you ...i mean we get on so well with everything else ...but nope we are done

just find it a little strange

am i the only one who thinks hating someone based purely on who they vote for a little strange?

if i found out a friend was going to vote ukip i wouldnt agree but to then think oh ...i cant be friends with you ...i mean we get on so well with everything else ...but nope we are done

If you found out someone believed in the death penalty, or condoned child sacrifice as part of their religion, or was a war criminal, could you be friends with them?

Extreme examples, but that's the idea. Having a horrifically alien and callous belief to you deeply impacts a friendship.

I can't imagine having much in common with a ukip supporter on any level.

I choose my friends carefully.

Nope. Frankly it's ridiculous and narrow minded. I have friends with many common interests. Some include political persuasion, others not.

Basically it boils down to whether I think they're a good person and I enjoy their company, or whether I don't.

If you view life as simple as everything about one party is great, and the everything about another is horrific then you're really not very intelligent, IMHO. Particularly in these times when our two biggest national parties are so close.

Kaos, I don't agree with much of your political posts yet I can sympathise with your point of view. However, your last post is sensationalist piffle.

Everyone I know who is a UKIP supporter is an insufferable c**t. Not one of them I would count as a friend.

The most vocal is a colleague, who rants loudly at work over the top of anyone else's discussion, always brings it to being about need for controls on immigration, whilst he is waiting for his phillipino bride to get permission to move here.

Two of my mates are voting for UKIP and I don't hate them for it as they're my mates. I can understand why they're voting UKIP due to them being pissed off with Labour in Rotherham but I still think they could at least some other party of spoil their ballot. They're not vocal about it and the only reason they say they're gonna vote for them is when we ask "Why are you voting UKIP you idiot." That being said the other people voting UKIP in my sixth forum are arses and when one of them said that they would vote Conservative if it wasn't for only being between Labour and UKIP in other so he is voting UKIP I died a little.

Also I've got a council election as well for the Rotherham Borough and I'm probably going to spoil my ballot but I may vote Green (looks unlikely though) for that and vote for Labour as my MP

Edited by justanothername

Two of my mates are voting for UKIP and I don't hate them for it as they're my mates. I can understand why they're voting UKIP due to them being pissed off with Labour in Rotherham but I still think they could at least some other party of spoil their ballot. They're not vocal about it and the only reason they say they're gonna vote for them is when we ask "Why are you voting UKIP you idiot." That being said the other people voting UKIP in my sixth forum are arses and when one of them said that they would vote Conservative if it wasn't for only being between Labour and UKIP in other so he is voting UKIP I died a little.

Also I've got a council election as well for the Rotherham Borough and I'm probably going to spoil my ballot but I may vote Green (looks unlikely though) for that and vote for Labour as my MP

You're really into this ballot-spoiling business, aren't you? :P

I dunno... The fact I'm leftwing is a fairly significant part of who I am, I think. To find out two friends (one of whom has a foreign parent, the other who works in the public sector) are voting for one of the most right wing agendas in the current political spectrum is a little difficult to swallow. I love them both dearly, obviously, and we've been friends for over 15 years, so it's not going to make or break the friendship I hope! But it still made me stop and think hmmm

And because it's a party based on fearmongering and I consider both women to be intelligent, but they still don't seem to see it... That frustrates me a bit. It means we tend not to talk politics...

Well quite, it was the more the piffle I was objecting to rather than the sensationalism...

If you can understand and sympathise with someone's position, of course you can be friends with someone who votes hugely differently, but I can also understand why you couldn't. If that just isn't there, it will affect a friendship/relationship.

Obviously this is more re. close friends than anything, but it's still understandable that a difference in political views, or more accurately differing political views that reflect a difference in ideals, can cause people to question how they feel about that person.

If you can understand and sympathise with someone's position, of course you can be friends with someone who votes hugely differently, but I can also understand why you couldn't. If that just isn't there, it will affect a friendship/relationship.

Obviously this is more re. close friends than anything, but it's still understandable that a difference in political views, or more accurately differing political views that reflect a difference in ideals, can cause people to question how they feel about that person.

All of which is fine...but is nothing like what you previously said.