Glastocam!

pauladam

Here's where we were last year. Obviously the Pyramid was well ahead of where we are now - the speaker stacks are in the field! But aside from that and the temporary crew accommodation, there's not much else going on (we can ignore Pangea).

2022.thumb.jpg.c1547cbbad0586dc6f2c6a53b89b9a93.jpg

Below that, here's where we were in the last comparable year, 2019. Again, the Pyramid is dressed and more long drops are built, but there's no apparent work at Other. There's a settlement at Greenpeace, mind you.

2019.thumb.jpg.dc8c5c8fb818fb623faecefb3fa678bd.jpg

I think we're at that stage where it's swings and roundabouts, depending on the specific schedule for that year.

One thing every year has in common is the ramp up after the first May bank holiday, then it's fence time and multiple obvious works across the site.

One more weekend...

1 hour ago, William Mann said:

aaaaannnnnnddddd its raining. of course it is. With little to do on site... no excuse to not do an announcement

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

This is becoming grim. Not just lack of activity, now new puddles everywhere. Needing a pick-me-up here. 

Feels like it's done nothing but rain in the SW for weeks.

8 minutes ago, wairey said:

Hey! I'm planning on doing a pre-festival site walk this Saturday and was just checking to see if anyone had been lately? I'm assuming it is still public access as I went this time last year without any trouble

It’s never public access ( apart from the footpath on the western side of site) but if you mean are the signs up asking people to stay away … no not yet I don’t believe. If you wait till Monday you can take in the sights of the Pilton Jumble trail.

Edited by Yeo-vile idiot

16 minutes ago, wairey said:

Hey! I'm planning on doing a pre-festival site walk this Saturday and was just checking to see if anyone had been lately? I'm assuming it is still public access as I went this time last year without any trouble

I went last week and no bother but they have now put up all the signs telling everyone to stay clear.  I’m planning a walk tomorrow so will let you know if any hassle

• Upvote 1