Glastocam!

pauladam

2 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

image.thumb.png.b2ae0a32e652d2bae98246ae712c4024.png

What's going on here? Woodchip? Do they usually put this much down or are they expecting a mud bath??

dont think ive ever encountered wood chip in the actual field ..... surely not ? but struggling to think what else it might be @BillieBobs ? 

16 minutes ago, Squonk said:

They did the same last year with the woodchip, basically a pre-emptive measure

A byproduct is probably that it discourages people sitting down, which frees up space (not that the Pyramid prob needs it this year tbf)

Don't recall them putting that much down in that area previously.  Unless they're expecting the heavy showers that are forecast and are saving the ground.

6 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Pre-emptive wood-chipping seems very wise. 

Too many festivals I've been to where they do it after the fact and the damage is done. 

Pretty sure last year they put a load down between pyramid and San Remo, it's hard work on your ankles when it's on top of dry ground instead of stomped into the mud!

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Pretty sure last year they put a load down between pyramid and San Remo, it's hard work on your ankles when it's on top of dry ground instead of stomped into the mud!

Yep remember that - this time last year forecasts were pretty bad for rain also. 

2 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Looks like plenty of rain on the way for the next week or so, wood chip is probably going down in prep for that

https://www.bbc.com/weather/2648559

Tbf it looks more like there's "lots of chance" of rain, without being sustained and heavy.

Just going to be very showery between sunshine, regardless yep pre-emptive chipping seems a good call.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Don't recall them putting that much down in that area previously.  Unless they're expecting the heavy showers that are forecast and are saving the ground.

Looking back at the webcam it was very similar last year 

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

My ankles can attest to the huge quantity of wood chips (more like blocks) around San Remo leading to Pyramid and all over between the stage and the sound booth.
Aching standing on that stuff for hours in the lead-up to Elton.

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Yeah, in 2022 it was not so much woodchip as a collection of small logs designed to turn your ankle.

I wasn't there last year but walking accross the Other Stage field on the Wednesday in 2022 the log-sized woodchip made it really difficult to walk and I changed route and walked aong the back rather than walk over it again. 

That was the first time I'd ever seen it like that.

7 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

I wasn't there last year but walking accross the Other Stage field on the Wednesday in 2022 the log-sized woodchip made it really difficult to walk and I changed route and walked aong the back rather than walk over it again. 

Rings true.  My feet were ruined by Sunday night and dancing to the Pet Shop Boys was agony on that surface.

1 hour ago, Chip Batch said:

Hopefully they'll remove the rusty nails this year!

• Like 1