Song of the Festival 2015

HotChipWillBreakYourLegs

What was the one song which really summed up your festival this year, the one that will straight back to that field in Somerset where you left a piece of your mind.

For me it was Belle and Sebastian's - Boy With the Arab Strap. Such a perfect song for a Sunday afternoon Other Stage slot in the sunshine. Felt so happy seeing that!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Florence's set and especially How big, how blue, how beautiful, and also when Micheal Eavis came on stage with the Moody Blues. He looked like he was having a great time. I can't remember the name of the song but I knew it well. Sorry that's two songs

Future Islands - Seasons...

or Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear.

Gotta be Seasons. That whole set was something else, sunny Sunday afternoon, everyone smiling through the pain of the last day. One of the tunes of the last few years, let alone the festival.

Misty's one was of the sets of the festival for me. Had no idea he'd be a performer like that. Please seek it out on the iPlayer if you don't know him - it was special.

Edited by majormajormajor

Lionel - Dancing on the Ceiling. was made by bloke in front of me picking up his girlfriend without warning  and turning her upside down, waving her in the air with her legs flailing, literally dancing on the celiing. And there were 120000 people dancing and singing along.

Also going to remember Years & Years - King for a while and Hot Chip's cover of dancing in the dark.

Boy with the Arab Strap is a great shout. Their entire set was fantastic.

Drumming Song was awesome for me, Dancing on the Ceiling obviously and Translatlanticism by Death Cab always gives me goosebumps. Blush was epic in William's Green and Kate Tempest's entire set was basically one huge, fucking awesome song. 

Libertines - Ha Ha Wall

Florence - Ship To Wreck

The Who - My Generation

Kanye - Stronger

Years And Years - Desire

Maccabees - Can You Give It

Jamie T - If You Got The Money

All special moments for me, sorry thats not one! 

Vireo's Eye - Future Islands.

Seasons is more well known, Sam even said "most bands would finish there" but to get everyone bouncing like that for the finalé was unreal. No one around me knew the song and were all to a person going mental.

A real moment there.

Special mention to The Man dont give a fuck. Loved that especially.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Hot Chip - Over and Over for me. as soon as that chorus hit the crowd went mental and it was the first moment i had of 'man this is just fucking incredible'. the drugs may have had something to do with that, but Hot Chip absolutely nailed it

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism also. been waiting to see that song live for like ten years, and it blew me away