Why so many Scousers?

thered

You're in Ormskirk not Liverpool

My seetickets coach was full of girls with rollers in and full of scally Liverpool lads. I felt like I was going to Creamfields not Glastonbury, they were doing ket on the way down at 8am on Wednesday. Can't imagine they were feeling the best come Monday. Also I've been in Manchester for most of the year for Uni and I've come back to Liverpool to find that all the scally lads who used to have their head's completely shaved now all have perms, what's with this new trend?

That sir is the ketwig.

Same question every year.

There's always loads, as you'd expect for the biggest party of the year. Maybe we just love it for what it is.

Really pisses me off with the tent theft remarks.

Organised gangs do the thieving and they could have been from anywhere.

That's the problem with stereotypes people seem to like to brush everyone with the same broom!

These same people crying wolf more tan likely see every Muslim as a terrorist, every Catholic Priest a perve, probably even see every German a friend in Hitler's army! And a few people have in another post have already said everyone that wears a football shirt must be a hooligan!

Shame we live with blinkers on rather than going out and meeting these people and try and change our miss lead thoughts, but then again we only have The Daily Liar to blame.

I pulled an 18 year old called Henrietta from the south west near the start of the year, everything was going well until we got back to hers and after a bit of fooling around she got a bit scared and told me that she was a virgin and that nothing more was going to happen that night.

Poor form, you wouldn't see this kind of behavior from a scouse bird I'll tell you that much.

Next time I bumped into her she was fucked on mdma with her jaw in a different county, I suppose Uni life ended up getting the most of her

Sorry what? I'm guessing this is supposed to be funny?

• 8 years later...
Just now, Sawdusty surfer said:

I know that it's an old thread but something interesting popped up today. I put a couple of Glastonbury related posts in Tiktok and it turns out that you can get loads of info about who looks at them and crucially where they're from.....

Screenshot_20240604-200748.png

im glad its not showing the 8000 plays from Taunton 🙂 

because the accent stands out so you notice it more. its a recognisable accent. nothing more to it. 

always find it weird how scousers get a bad rep yet whenever i meet them they are the friendliest most open people at the festival. proper chill and can have a laugh with you even at their own expense. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

because the accent stands out so you notice it more. its a recognisable accent. nothing more to it. 

always find it weird how scousers get a bad rep yet whenever i meet them they are the friendliest most open people at the festival. proper chill and can have a laugh with you even at their own expense. 

Agreed. Always enjoy chatting with Liverpudlians and Bristolians at Glastonbury, both very friendly and don't take themselves too seriously. Irish and Scots too though there's not as many of them. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

The festival is also massively popular amongst Scousers. Lived there for 4 years and it seemed like every Scouser I know would be trying for tickets.

16 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Love em ... one picked me up when I fell off a bench a few years back when id overdone things a little on my birthday ...sat with me and made sure I was ok . thanks whoever you are 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

I know that it's an old thread but something interesting popped up today. I put a couple of Glastonbury related posts in Tiktok and it turns out that you can get loads of info about who looks at them and crucially where they're from.....

Screenshot_20240604-200748.png

It's got a stat for London and a stat for Islington?

37 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's got a stat for London and a stat for Islington?

Had the same thought!

Also, Manc in 2nd. Both big music cities so makes some sense.

Lived in Liverpool for a long time. My best Glastos have been with my friends from Liverpool, even the year we broke down in Gloucester and had to get a taxi to site! 

It’s a great party city and very liberal, wecloming and open minded.a perfect fit for G. People make classist assumptions especially about scouse lads in their trackies but there’s something really bohemian about the whole place. I miss it a lot and when I hear Scousers at Glastonbury I am always delighted. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

It’s a great party city and very liberal, wecloming and open minded.a perfect fit for G. 

Such a great point I hadn't really considered before. Glastonbury Festival and Liverpool as a city probably align more closely than any other city.

As others have said, any time I've spoken to a scouser at the festival they've been a great laugh. 

as someone with an entirely Scouse family I LOVE coming across scousers at Glastonbury. they're the best people ever. i love how all the lads have the uniform of the blue sportswear (whatever it is) 😆

I made an extremely extroverted Glaswegian friend in 2022 and the last 2 fests consisted of him having the time of his life with any scouser he came across. we couldn't pull him away. cut from the same cloth.

Edited by svphie