Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

In my own, except Vintage Trouble who are fantastic, this is a poor announcement. Puggy is on Friday so it's useless cause it will probably clash at the end or finish just before Rammstein, and other names are just filling.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goose is a Belgian band, started by some ex Soulwax members. They're huge over here, but they're basically a live dance act so the positioning is very weird.

Also one of the bio's accidentally leaked James Bay. Samm Hensaw's bio first said "colleague James Bay - also playing Rock Werchter 2016- ..."

Saw Vintage Trouble and The Strypes live, curious about The Struts, the rest  - will have to give it a listen but it's all fillers.

4 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Also one of the bio's accidentally leaked James Bay. Samm Hensaw's bio first said "colleague James Bay - also playing Rock Werchter 2016- ..."

Good - didn't catch him last year so maybe this time,

So we're about 13 max bands to go (with James Bay - maybe 12). You guys think they'll divide the announcement for 2 weeks or we'll get the entire batch next week ? 

Seems like UMO is going to clash with Iggy and perhaps Foals, that's just nasty.

IIRC, each day should have 7 Main Stage spots, 7 KluB C's and 6 Barn's.

It looks like the Main could get 2 on Thursday, 1 on Friday and 1 on Sunday. Saturday seems to be complete.

The Barn program could be done except for 1 act on Friday and 1 on Sunday.

The KluB will probably get 2 on Thursday, 1 on Friday, 3 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Ugh it gets worse. I'm just going to accept that other than Friday and SaturdayI've wasted my money and just get drunk in the campsite. At least I'll spend less money that way. 

I'll join you for a beer those days. Ive wasted over 500 quid on this so far. Hopefully be sunny in the campsite 

Tbh, I'm happy with the lineup (certainly a lot happier than I was a month ago). I already can map out who I'll be seeing over the weekend (timings depending) and whilst it's not as good as last year, it's still good imo.

THUR - Kaiser Chiefs, Nathaniel Rateliff, Flume, Gutterdamerung, Paul McCartney, Disclosure
FRI - Van jets, BMTH, Black Box, ATDI, Offspring, Rammstein
SAT- The Struts, Kensington, BOH, Beirut, Goose, RHCP, Editors
SUN - Vintage Troubles, Strypes, Iggy, LSP, Macklemore, Beck

3 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Ugh it gets worse. I'm just going to accept that other than Friday and SaturdayI've wasted my money and just get drunk in the campsite. At least I'll spend less money that way. 

5 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I give up. What a pile of dross. Expected so much more from RW

I was optimistic...til this announcement. To think that only 12 names are missing if we count James Bay in the line-up is not cool. The only positive point is that the openers per day are announced now. But the appearing clashes are awful... Glen Hansard/Band of Horses, Nathaniel Rateliff/Walk Off The Earth, Red Hot/Tame Impala, Vintage Trouble/Bear's Den, Iggy Pop/Foals... I hope it will change.

I find that Thursday is poor. I only save Gütterdammerung, Paul McCartney and Nathaniel Rateliff, and the other shows I'll go to will depend on my friends envies.

Thurs: Kaiser Chiefs, Nathaniel Rateliff, Walk off the Earth, Ellie Goulding, Paul McCartney, Sigma, New Order, Gutterdamerung and Years and Years

Fri: BMTH, ATDI, Offspring, Rammstein, 1975, Parov Stelar

Sat: Two Door Cinema Club, Editors, RHCP

Sun: Vintage Trouble, Iggy Pop, Last Shadow Puppets, Macklemore, Florence, Beck, Foals, Bears Den

Clashes depending obviously (a lot will) but looks pretty good to me. Apart from the Sat which is alright.

9 minutes ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

I was wrong - it was not that interesting an announcement. Vintage Trouble and Strypes only real bands of interest. Really thought we'd get Biffy Clyro today.  

If The Struts are the openers, they are really good openers !

Not an exciting announcement for me but I'm already quite happy  for the lineup.

these are the shows that i'd like to see (hoping not so many clashes)

thursday: kaiser chiefs, macca, flume, james blake, nathaniel rateliff, guy garvey

friday: atdi, the offspring, rammstein, parov stelar, daughter

saturday: badbadnotgood, pk, mura masa

sunday: iggy pop, tlsp, umo, beck, jamie xx.

but I already know that I'll go to see also others concerts that are not on my must see list...it will also depends from what my friends would like to do.

Edited by alan_ts

3 hours ago, Red Day said:

I give up. What a pile of dross. Expected so much more from RW

I bet your jaw dropped when you saw that announcement....you'll never pre buy again.

3 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Haha, it is a disgraceful lineup it's fair to say.

3 hours ago, Red Day said:

I'll join you for a beer those days. Ive wasted over 500 quid on this so far. Hopefully be sunny in the campsite 

Do you even have a Glasto ticket or a chance of one to save face?

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I bet your jaw dropped when you saw that announcement....you'll never pre buy again.

Haha, it is a disgraceful lineup it's fair to say.

Do you even have a Glasto ticket or a chance of one to save face?

I've got to stage of expecting more dross on a Friday. I tried like a bear to get a Glastonbury ticket but last 2 years have struggled. I've committed too much money now and will need to go to RW. I'll never make mistake of buying before seeing a line up again except download 

8 hours ago, Red Day said:

I've got to stage of expecting more dross on a Friday. I tried like a bear to get a Glastonbury ticket but last 2 years have struggled. I've committed too much money now and will need to go to RW. I'll never make mistake of buying before seeing a line up again except download 

Are your flights non refundable? You can always sell your RW tickets  or even return them  in case the festival is sold out as they have a waiting list.  

8 hours ago, Red Day said:

That's the one fest you should never pre buy....it's not going to sell out. Maybe though if Download is what you see yourself going to whatever then Werchter isn't for you now. The last fest I pre bought for was Leeds 12 and that was because we knew FF were almost defo playing and it was only £187 then, note than back them I would be fairly sure it would still be a lineup that grabbed me enough. I also got The Cure, Kasabian, Paramore, FATM, TBK, OMAM, Tribes, Howler, ATL, The Gaslight Anthem, Spector, The Hives, Twin Atlantic and The Vaccines. Note that some of them were more enjoyable than now, had 1st albums out etc and going through the this year you like them phases. It was a brilliant year for header and sub, the strongest top two when I have been at least and before that to be honest. Maybe try RAR?

17 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Hellfest is easily the best line up anywhere this year. It's just such an awfully run festival that I can't be bothered with it. 

I was hoping with werchter being a week later that a lot of those acts would play. Nope, it a bunch of hipsters playing bad folk and indie landfill 

I'll give you The Offspring and Volbeat Friday, Disturbed, WT and Bad Religion Saturday and Sabbath and Refused (not sure if that small stage clashes with main closer?) on Sunday, and that's me done. I have a ticket to Offspring/Bad Religion (gig of the year for me), A day ticket for Download can tick off Disturbed so really only 4 of them and not that bothered about two of them tbf.

36 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Hellfest is easily the best line up anywhere this year. It's just such an awfully run festival that I can't be bothered with it. 

I was hoping with werchter being a week later that a lot of those acts would play. Nope, it a bunch of hipsters playing bad folk and indie landfill 

You might want to try Graspop. Rock Werchter and Graspop organisations work together, so RW books as little hardrock/metal acts as possible. 

On 5 March 2016 at 7:44 AM, e2p2 said:

Are your flights non refundable? You can always sell your RW tickets  or even return them  in case the festival is sold out as they have a waiting list.  

Afraid flights are not refundable. I can't see festival selling out either. The last few announcements seem unlikely to start a rush for tickets.