NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

LSP are in Italy on JUL 6, got 7/8/9 free so I would be more surprised if they don't play.

Personally I was also hoping for Nothing But Thieves for the tent, but saw that they are in Kiev the 6th and Moscow the 9th so that will probably not happen unless they are really into plane spotting or something.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Finge said:

LSP are in Italy on JUL 6, got 7/8/9 free so I would be more surprised if they don't play.

Personally I was also hoping for Nothing But Thieves for the tent, but saw that they are in Kiev the 6th and Moscow the 9th so that will probably not happen unless they are really into plane spotting or something.

I personally wouldn't mind NBT to be honest, but would still prefer TLSP. 

12 hours ago, Festival_Hayleigh said:

Hey deadst4r,

If it's any help, I got a whole apartment that sleeps 5 (only 3 of us going) and that was £328 for the whole week and we're a 10 minute walk from Cais do Sodre! 

I would thoroughly recommend really spending some time digging through Air BnB as there are still some really decent and cheap options going about. 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2934107?checkin=03-07-2016&checkout=10-07-2016&guests=2&s=E5JhV8WN

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/7952540?checkin=03-07-2016&checkout=10-07-2016&guests=2&s=a5bJDExR

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2627642?checkin=03-07-2016&checkout=10-07-2016&guests=2&s=E5JhV8WN

Hayls :)

Thanks a million! :)

8 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

As mentioned before, I'd say TLSP!

I'd love another surprise like Ratatat though... my late night spots in the Heineken Stage are 2/3 with Hot Chip and Ratatat :) I wish Flume wasn't there last year so he could take that spot! Any idea who could do that? Netsky live?

Do you think its certain that Ratatat will play the late night spot over Grimes?

I really hope we don't have a Grimes/Arcade Fire clash.

Just now, aj3000and12 said:

Do you think its certain that Ratatat will play the late night spot over Grimes?

I said that out of hope (I wish not to miss M83/AF/Ratatat) but I also think it's realistic.
That being said, I don't know what kind of music Grimes plays.

8 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

I said that out of hope (I wish not to miss M83/AF/Ratatat) but I also think it's realistic.
That being said, I don't know what kind of music Grimes plays.

Erm...she plays wonky Pop, think Gwen Stefani on ecstasy. Kind of like Crystal Castles. Think its a good billing with Ratatat actually, both are pretty hyperactive. 

Well hopefully, we both get what we wish.  Hope there will be more announced this week, but I think it might be doubtful. They might wait until March for the last big announcements.. 

28 minutes ago, aj3000and12 said:

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. Would really like to see Grimes, she doesn't seem to come by very often (as do Arcade Fire for that matter). 

27 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. Would really like to see Grimes, she doesn't seem to come by very often (as do Arcade Fire for that matter). 

In my humble opinion, I reckon Arcade Fire would be too good to miss, just watch their performance of Wake Up at Coachella in 2011, it's phenomenal. 

Just now, Idioteque18 said:

In my humble opinion, I reckon Arcade Fire would be too good to miss, just watch their performance of Wake Up at Coachella in 2011, it's phenomenal. 

Oh yeah, they are too good to miss. Without a doubt one of the best live bands around. 

However, I agree with visdave34 Grimes doesn't come about too often. So it would be a shame to miss her.  Fingers crossed they play at different times. 

3 minutes ago, aj3000and12 said:

Oh yeah, they are too good to miss. Without a doubt one of the best live bands around. 

However, I agree with visdave34 Grimes doesn't come about too often. So it would be a shame to miss her.  Fingers crossed they play at different times. 

Here's hoping then, would be a shame if the played at the same time.

2 hours ago, GuyGG said:

An announcement for the NOS stage would be a great start of the weekend :D

1 hour ago, Idioteque18 said:

Agreed! Any ideas on who it could be?

Sorry to be blissfully ignorant but have I missed something? Are we getting an announcement before the weeks out?

I completely agree that Arcade Fire is not to be missed! I've seen them before and they're epic. Am just really looking forward to see Grimes as well (missed out on her Paradiso show), so it would be a shame if they would clash. Oh well, can only hope for the best. With such an incredible line up, not a thing will ruin my weekend!

22 minutes ago, Idioteque18 said:

You haven't missed anything, sorry for the confusion, we're just hopelessly wishing for an announcement soon aha!

Ah I see haha! Yeah the announcements seemed to have dried up a bit lately!

On a side note, I cannot fathom how TDCC are on the Heineken stage (and likely clashing with Radiohead) when they are on main stage at Werchter. Gonna be gutted whoever I choose to miss should they clash!

5 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

Ah I see haha! Yeah the announcements seemed to have dried up a bit lately!

On a side note, I cannot fathom how TDCC are on the Heineken stage (and likely clashing with Radiohead) when they are on main stage at Werchter. Gonna be gutted whoever I choose to miss should they clash!

Yeah, i think it's quite a shame that TDCC are on the Heineken stage because they probably will clash with Radiohead... And then i'll choose Radiohead and i'll miss TDCC...

Last time radiohead were on NOS alive, they stopped the heineken Stagse. The kills and metronomy played only after radiohead ended. It is likely to happen this year too. The same with Arcade Fire too.

If it doesnt i wouldn't recommend missing radiohead. It is the best live act I've seen. Their sound is amazing, complemented by a incredible light show. Their music might not be your cup of tea, but they are amazing and unique live, see them once and try to be close to the stage.