NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Florence and the Machine is playing in Lisbon in exactly one month, gig is not sold out yet. Probably too big as a sub for the 9th but who knows. Didn't find any other plausible names with gigs that didn't sell out yet but people from Portugal probably got a better overview of that (I only searched the everythingisnew website).

2 hours ago, grumpykrogan said:

Hi everyone, after more than a year of lurking I decided to sign up. Wanted to go to RW again this year, but I am so happy I held off from buying tickets for RW as this year Nos Alive has the best line-up and RW probably the worst (for my tastes, of course). 

I have a question for the people who have been to Nos Alive before. How hard is it to get to the front of the main stage? Not for Radiohead of course (was in the front row of their RW 08 gig, the suffering I did for that was worth it but also enough to last a lifetime), but for bands like Pixies and Arcade Fire. Do I have to "line-up" hours before or could I get a decently positioned space (not front row) 10-15 min before the gig starts? What about the tent? Is it generally packed for the last dance act? 

Thanks! 

First row you have to be there when the doors open. Around 3 p.m ish. If you get to the first row, you can leave the place and go to the bathroom if you have someone the help save you place for you.

If you want to be close but not first row you have to go two or three concerts before. People will probably move around between concerts and you can get close. 

If you get there 10-15min before, you won't get a good place. At least for Arcade Fire or Radiohead. 

4 hours ago, Mirror said:

First row you have to be there when the doors open. Around 3 p.m ish. If you get to the first row, you can leave the place and go to the bathroom if you have someone the help save you place for you.

If you want to be close but not first row you have to go two or three concerts before. People will probably move around between concerts and you can get close. 

If you get there 10-15min before, you won't get a good place. At least for Arcade Fire or Radiohead. 

Yeah, that is why i said not for RH cause I know that gets insane.

Thanks for the answer. I guess moving around the two stages is not very feasible then. 

55 minutes ago, elcamino94 said:

The last missing act on the arcade fire should be indeed beck. It was just announced that he will play a gig on 22.06 in Berlin with a special support,  which is band of horses. Wouldn't suprise me if they would tour together (including nos alive)

Great to know... would be amazing!

20 hours ago, elcamino94 said:

The last missing act on the arcade fire should be indeed beck. It was just announced that he will play a gig on 22.06 in Berlin with a special support,  which is band of horses. Wouldn't suprise me if they would tour together (including nos alive)

Beck will make this by far the best festival line up I've ever seen. If it's not already there that is. 

But beck added is just phenomenal if it does happen. 

This festival just keeps on giving and giving. :o Seen them before a couple of times and they are great fun.

2 hours ago, Duncan1234 said:

Hope their set is late at night after the main headliners are finished. Would love to see them even if a DJ set.

Exactly.

Edited by deadst4r

Have just opened my confirmation email from weeks ago to discover I've accidentally booked Thursday tickets instead of Friday. Absolutely gutted. Have been able to transfer them to Saturday tickets (seeing Arcade Fire would be a small consolation), but if anyone spies anymore for Friday, or knows anyone who would like to trade please give me a shout. There's beer in it for you!