The Last Shadow Puppets

silkworm

Just now, kingcrawler said:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1lDxLwZNjrLJm

If anyone's interested someone is streaming tonights gig on periscope

Looks like they've only got two or three people on the string section compared to the small orchestra they had on the first tour. Alex's voice has matured nicely too. I reckon he should ditch Miles and release another solo record

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

I'm holding out until a leak next week or just until my pre-order comes through.

Miracle Aligner is being played on Zane Lowe's Beats 1 show on Monday.

http://tlspdaily.tumblr.com/post/141633270150/itsaysrec-miracle-aligner-by-the-last-shadow

You can hear miracle aligner here (album version) - it's absolutely great

On 24/03/2016 at 10:06 PM, willd255 said:

http://tlspdaily.tumblr.com/post/141633270150/itsaysrec-miracle-aligner-by-the-last-shadow

You can hear miracle aligner here (album version) - it's absolutely great

I'm keep my ears closed until a leak/my pre-order comes in, thank you anyway.

The 3 singles are enough so far.

It sounds like Edinburgh went very well last night too.

I'm a fan of the new album, but it just seems very much like an Alex solo album to me ... Which is no bad thing at all.

I get the impression that Alex did all the song writing and just asked Miles to sing lead vocals on two tracks, and some backing vocals to make it a LSP album. 

36 minutes ago, st dan said:

I'm a fan of the new album, but it just seems very much like an Alex solo album to me ... Which is no bad thing at all.

I get the impression that Alex did all the song writing and just asked Miles to sing lead vocals on two tracks, and some backing vocals to make it a LSP album. 

I thought the same but it's not a bad thing. Bad habits is the worst song on the record, Miles' shouting is well out of place.

Alex's voice really stands out on Sweet Dreams, TN. 

It didn't grab me like the first record but then I'm not as big a fan of either of their bands now either

34 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yeah the whole thing has Alex written all over it. The line between Arctics and TLSP is far more blurred now than it was back when they released their debut as Arctics have changed their sound quite a bit in that time. A lot of these songs could've fitted on the last two Arctics albums minus the strings

It's a good album. Falls off a bit towards the end I feel but nothing particularly terrible. Hope to be able to catch em at the festival