The Last Shadow Puppets

silkworm

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still looking for a Sheffield ticket after not bothering when they went on sale. I've seen tickets for all gigs but Sheffield on Twickets I'm sure. There are two people selling on Scarletmist but neither of them are attending the gig and it's ID entry so looks like it's a no go at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Thought they were excellent last night, but it did make me wonder whether they would transfer well to the Pyramid. Some acts get swallowed whole on that stage and I'm worried it might happen to them, especially if large swathes of the crowd were unfamiliar with the material.

That was what I was thinking. Worked a treat last night in a great venue but not sure it will work on the Pyramid. Would be fantastic in the JP tent!

8 minutes ago, TheGoodOldDays said:

That was what I was thinking. Worked a treat last night in a great venue but not sure it will work on the Pyramid. Would be fantastic in the JP tent!

If they play the Pyramid they'll need more than the string quartet. Even in a relatively small venue like Usher Hall the quartet got lost in the sound, Pyramid would swallow them completely 

In the spirit of recent noobs and their inaugural efests posts:

I'm trying with TLSP but am finding it a bit...meh. 

I believe I'm now obliged to call you all pricks or c**ts or something for having an opinion that doesn't match mine.

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

In the spirit of recent noobs and their inaugural efests posts:

I'm trying with TLSP but am finding it a bit...meh. 

I believe I'm now obliged to call you all pricks or c**ts or something for having an opinion that doesn't match mine.

If you're not into it that's fine. Everyone's free to like what they want.

you massive c**t.

Yak support such weird bands, I love both of these bands but I'd never think to listen to one after the other.

Hopefully Alex and Miles can convince Yak to be at the festival this year, the front man Ollie seemed unsure when I spoke to him after the Manchester gig in February. 

Just listening to their album now, and I'm confused - I'm actually enjoying it! I really thought I'd hate it (I'm not a fan of AM) and I've consequently avoided listening to anything of theirs, but this is a pleasant surprise. Might actually check them out at Glastonbury, clashes permitting.