Camping Alone? Join us

Scull99

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People are starting their journeys today to the festival. Hope everyone has a safe journey

To re-cap for anyone not in the whatsapp group, there are round 100 camp soloers this year 

We will be camping in darble which is the camp site closest to gate A and if you come through gate A look for the lockup and we'll be camping to the right of the lock up....look out for the flag

Thanks to scull99 for sorting out the admin in the group

Im sure scully will be replying to people right up until he sets off but even if you havent heard from him, feel free to lookout for us and camp with us once you get onsite if you wish to

Have a great festival everyone 

4 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

People are starting their journeys today to the festival. Hope everyone has a safe journey

To re-cap for anyone not in the whatsapp group, there are round 100 camp soloers this year 

We will be camping in darble which is the camp site closest to gate A and if you come through gate A look for the lockup and we'll be camping to the right of the lock up....look out for the flag

Thanks to scull99 for sorting out the admin in the group

Im sure scully will be replying to people right up until he sets off but even if you havent heard from him, feel free to lookout for us and camp with us once you get onsite if you wish to

Have a great festival everyone 

Hi Thurlow, last minute change of plans for me and I'm now not driving down until the morning. I'm planning on joining you lot up in Darble when I arrive hopefully around 11ish so I'll look out for you. Safe journey down.

Shaun.

23 hours ago, Birdertron said:

I'm a solo goer! Recently split up, so will be going alone and it will be my first time. So a bit daunting. Also have an empty car! I've messaged scull99, hopefully gets back to me.

Hi everyone, same boat as you Birdertron! Going solo due to recent split up!

Well kinda solo. Planning on camping in Pylon field with a friend and his GF, so essentially on my own, can't hang around with a pair of love birds all weekend ha!

Is it feasible to walk over to Darble and meet up with all you solo'ers?? I'll be on-site first thing Thursday morning, so hopefully by lunchtime be all set for a wander!

Hi Steve,

My name is Paloma and I am from Spain. I was coming with a friend, but a family member of his had a health issue and he had to fly back. So now I am on my own a bit last minute... I am taking a coach tomorrow morning to Glastonbury.  Are you taking solo campers? How can I contact you?

Thanks a lot! :)

Hey :rolleyes:

Sorry to jump in so late but is there any space for a newbie solo camper? Heading down Thursday afternoon and have no idea where to go or how to even start this wonderful adventure..would really appreciate joining a meet up somewhere on Thursday evening!

Thanks, 

Maz

Paloma & Mazfish, send @Scull99 a PM through this site, he'll add you to the group I'm sure, we mostly use whatsapp group chat.

It might be that he has already set off (not sure) but if you don't get a reply please come find us in Darble.  When coming in through Gate A walk towards the white lock up tent and turn right down the path, we will be about 1/3 of the way down the hill on your left, just in from the path.  Ask around, you'll find one of us.

Can I join you too please. I am going with my ex and his friends but it will be better all around if we are not in each others face a lot. I'm getting there Thursday afternoon by coach and saw you are meeting for a drink, I'd love to come and join you if that's OK, but it will probably be 2-3ish realistically. :-) 

Wow, what a bloody great Glasto it was this year despite the mud; easily the best one I've been to in 11 years of going! And Camp Solo was bloody brilliant - you're all such nice people; was so nice to meet you all and party like loons! Thanks again Scully for organising! Bring on Glasto 2017! :-D