Camping Alone? Join us

Scull99

On 4/9/2016 at 3:39 PM, Raabdj said:

I've decided to take the plunge a get my ticket this year despite mates dropping out. Can't wait now!

On 4/11/2016 at 0:48 PM, incident said:

I've had a bit of a change of plans, and will be camping on my own so would like to join in if possible. Should be arriving Wednesday mid morning assuming no major delays.

If anyone needs a lift from Nottingham or somewhere near the A453/A42 corridor then send me a message or see my post in the Lift Share section.

On 4/11/2016 at 5:41 PM, Chris Zoidberg said:

Looks like I'll be going it alone this year. Would love to get involved in this group. Where do you camp?

This will be my 4th Glastonbury, but first on my own, and I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be the best one yet!

I'm a bit nervous about going it alone but am looking forward to the freedom of doing my own thing and not having to worry about keeping others happy.

On 4/12/2016 at 1:27 PM, Robofish said:

Hi all, my eleventh Glastonbury, but first since Radiohead/REM in 2003.  I managed to fluke a ticket in the London coach sales, but not until the Thursday @ 3pm, so will be getting in lateish. If Camp Solo is near Gate A then it would be lovely to join in.

17 hours ago, SoloGlastoVirginFromAus said:

As my name so creatively suggests, this is my first Glasto, I'm coming all the way from Australia and I'm doing it solo! Would love to meet some awesome people for some damn good times!

13 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Hi - I'm sort of solo - my daughter will be working at Glasto but I am coming on my own - I'm sure I'll spend some time with her but I certainly don't want her to feel she has to babysit me and I'm happy to go off on my own.  But would love to meet up with you lot too.  But she'll be setting my tent up somewhere (I guess I might be able to ask her to put me where I like?). I'm coming on the Thursday (no idea what time, coach only booked today) so would like to know if I could meet up somewhere, sometime?

3 hours ago, jennilily36 said:

Hello!! I'm a solo and virgin glasto goer and although excited I'm daunted at the prospect of camping alone. Also my problem is I got Thursday coach. Anyway I need Glasto friends!!! :)

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay, we are all just recovering from the panic of the coach package resale yesterday because we still needed to secure a couple of tickets.

Anyway, glad to see there are still more people wanting to join Camp Solo. Send my friend @Scull99 a message on here (he is organising things this year) and he will get back to you with all the details you need.

Hope to see you all in June!

:)

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey all, thanks for all your messages, we've had lots of new campers for this year and we can't wait to meet you all.

as I've said if you attending Glastonbury on your own and would like to camp with fellow solo campers, please send me a message and I'll get you added to the group.

thanks

steve

Hi all,

So through the help of other very kindly efesters I managed to secure a ticket on Sunday and feel I can now start looking forward to June. For the first time I will attending the festival by myself which will be a whole new experience for me and although I haven't yet decided on a campground I'm considering joining you lot if you'll have me!:) I usually camp in Pennards apart from 2013 when I was in family camping it is so much of a rush to get there before it fills up so really thinking of changing it up this time. 

Shaun.

53 minutes ago, tarw said:

How old are you lot?  I'm 54 and going on my own this year. Would you mind an old fart being with you?

There's a wide range of ages and all are welcome. You're only as old as you feel and I think we all feel like kids at Christmas at Glastonbury anyway :)

Can beat you all - I'm 56.

In case you are a youngster and thinking how old!!  Don't worry, there was a very wide age group last year - some in late teens, a lot in their twenties and thirties and then some of us in our forties and fifties

Edited by tjamest

46 at the time of the festival here although I like to think an immature 46!:)

One question is how does it work? Never camped in Darble before but it looks pretty big, it seems there are at least a couple of dozen people turning up so far, how do the soloists manage to camp together when people will be turning up over 2 days? Do you have an area marked off?

Shaun.

Last year we spaced out tents of the early arrivals to sort of make a space, put a couple of tarps down as well, thinking we'd be able to jiggle things a bit if we needed to make space, but as it turned out there was plenty of room for everyone with a big social space in the middle.  Darble was quiet enough that it worked out for us.

10 hours ago, Spindles said:

Last year we spaced out tents of the early arrivals to sort of make a space, put a couple of tarps down as well, thinking we'd be able to jiggle things a bit if we needed to make space, but as it turned out there was plenty of room for everyone with a big social space in the middle.  Darble was quiet enough that it worked out for us.

Even managed to have a nice fire going (eventually)

On 20/04/2016 at 10:49 AM, MilkyJoe said:

Sounds like it could be a plan. My only wobble at the moment is the walking distance to the park and naughty corner. How did you find it last year?

Shaun.

I camped in Dairy Ground in my first year, now that was a trek back from Shangri La every night. Maybe just because I was drunk but it felt at least an hour ha.

Just came across this thread. Managed to get a ticket in the re-sale and with no friends going couldn't face missing out. Have been twice before but will be my first year on my own. Would love to join you all. Have tried messaging @Scull99 but as others too, doesn't seem to be working.

I've camped in Hitchin for the last few years ( and Williams, behind the naughty corner, for a few years before that)  not sure whether to risk being Billy no mates in Hitchin or come and join you lot in Darble.