Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There must already be a club! Was a very, er, blokey crowd for them in the John Peel last year.

totally but nothing on the weirdness of the Charli XCX crowd. Families with their kids and then middle aged men jumping around losing their shit. Bizarre but she puts on a cracking show. She surprised me

18 hours ago, Woffy said:

Sorry my post was a bit ranty and light on explanation.

Apparently general diva-ish behaviour and lapsing back into old 'habits'. I think the current tour has been pulled. If he read the recent Guardian review (q.damning) that probably didn't help, but it sums things up quite succinctly.

Due to an urgent health issue, we regret that DIIV will be cancelling the remaining shows of their European tour. The band express their sincerest apologies to the fans, and will be working to get the shows rescheduled for a later date. 

On 26 March 2016 at 2:36 AM, H.M.V said:

totally but nothing on the weirdness of the Charli XCX crowd. Families with their kids and then middle aged men jumping around losing their shit. Bizarre but she puts on a cracking show. She surprised me

I was at that! Agree it was great. Just trying to work out my categorisation - Family with kid - yes - middle aged man jumping around - yes

I'm clearly smack bang in the centre of the Charli XCX demographic.

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

In case it was missed yesterday...

St Paul & the Broken Bones self confirmed for Saturday. 

http://stpaulandthebrokenbones.com/shows/#.Vvu015_TXqA

Thanks to @playathree

Excellent - we were pretty sure they were coming last year. And then they didn't. Will defo put them on the list to be factored into the BenSched® if possible.

Ben

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but Showhawk Duo and their support Benji & Hibbz both self confirmed to me and others in conversation after their show at the Underworld in Camden tonight. Both excellent by the way, I recommend checking them out - acoustic medley and funk / hiphop covers respectively - good party stuff!

No detail on when and where, both acts said Glasto are pretty cagey on that until late on in the day. Makes me wonder if some of the smaller acts might sometimes find out where and when they are playing when the lineup is released!?

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

In case it was missed yesterday...

St Paul & the Broken Bones self confirmed for Saturday. 

http://stpaulandthebrokenbones.com/shows/#.Vvu015_TXqA

Thanks to @playathree

Oh great. They are very good fun for anyone who likes a bit of bug banded soul fun. Afternoon on West Holts? 

I reckon they're still the best folk/roots band in the UK, particularly if they have the trio line up with Steve, Phil and Miranda Sykes on bass.

Great serious folky/political stuff but also a bit of fun.

Edited by grumpyhack

First post, been lurking for a while...

Snapchatted Four Tet asking if he was playing and he replied by nodding (quite hard to screenshot the motion but he was, and there was no music so it was a genuine nod)

The nod didn't really give away whether it would be a live set or dj but I imagine djing

12903752_10154149764860087_940726686_o.jpg