Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, kevtamuk said:

My daughter went to a Nothing But Thieves gig on Friday and was told they would be there.  

you mean when they supported Muse? as they cancelled their own tour to support Muse and they are on the rumours list, so hopefully they will defo be playing as quite a good band

5 hours ago, RyanS said:

I thought Paul & Jacqui would be Pyramid.  Other seems a strange choice for them.  I wonder if they'll do the Blondie slot?

I think so too but he seemed pretty sure that they weren't on the Pyramid. I asked if it was the "other" stage and he said he thought so..

1 minute ago, musky said:

I know he's been officially confirmed, but Kurt Vile has confirmed he'll be playing at 7pm on Saturday. No stage mentioned unfortunately.

http://www.bandsintown.com/event/11797700?artist=Kurt+Vile&came_from=23&fb_ref=Default

https://www.facebook.com/kurtvileofphilly/posts/1044217572294291

screams of the Park stage to me. hopefully not much going up against him as i'd love to have a chilled hour watching him

Just now, FloorFiller said:

screams of the Park stage to me. hopefully not much going up against him as i'd love to have a chilled hour watching him

Yeah, I'd have said the Park is the logical choice for him but I suppose it could be the JP.

I know it's really soon after the last announcement but anyone think there could be another announcement within the next few days?

There seems to be a fair few self confirmations especially in the last few days plus with the payment period ending soon, Emily saying further announcements in April and then the confusion of the D'angelo appearance on the poster seems that it would all point to an announcement soon. 

Wishful thinking?

1 minute ago, ourkid1984 said:

I know it's really soon after the last announcement but anyone think there could be another announcement within the next few days?

There seems to be a fair few self confirmations especially in the last few days plus with the payment period ending soon, Emily saying further announcements in April and then the confusion of the D'angelo appearance on the poster seems that it would all point to an announcement soon. 

Wishful thinking?

D'Angelo thing doesn't point to an announcement imo as if he was part of a bigger announcement there'd be no need for a poster the same as the current one with only him added to it.

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

D'Angelo thing doesn't point to an announcement imo as if he was part of a bigger announcement there'd be no need for a poster the same as the current one with only him added to it.

No I didn't think it would on its own but I'm just doing 2+2=5 thing in desperate hope considering the other things I mentioned.

Luke Wright, poet, raconteur. Just told me to my face he's playing a couple of times over the festival. 

Also confirmed that one Dr. John Cooper Clarke is playing.

May have already been mentioned in the thread... I haven't had a chance to go through it all but that's life mate, don't come crying to me.