The Wonderstuff?

danbailey80

Ahhh, that Avalon gig was cracking!

Walked in just as it was about to start, looking a bit late and harassed and muddy and some tall people who obviously grew up not far from the where I did welcomed me into Avalon with that classic Black Country welcome of 'ee-ar bab, gerrin eya wo yer?'

By which I mean they let me go in front of them I could see, like! :D 

One of my favourite bands who I've seen a few times over the years. Only seen 1 bad gig when they had a new line up after a falling out (thinking about 10 or so years back) and no fiddle player.

Would be ace at Glastonbury

Saw them on Saturday in Brum, best i've seen them. Band at the moment is as tight as it's ever been and Miles is just having a lot of fun. New album is superb and even No. 22 in the midweeks. He's talked about how poorly they got treated at Glasto last time though when he was on the Matthew Wright show. Something like the fact they only get paid £2000 and they have too be off site by a certain time or the fine is.... you guessed it £2000 so not sure they'll be back but I would love them to play. They are doing the Isle of Wight.

Oh, just one thing though, a pet hate of mine, and certainly Miles Hunt's is the band name is three words, The Wonder Stuff, it never has or never will be The Wonderstuff as he said the other day "There is no such f***ing word as Wonderstuff so why would I have chosen that?". The IOW poster even had it as two words until I pointed it out to Miles on Facebook and management got it changed quickly. 

As per other posters - saw them last week and they were absolutely brilliant. I was a fraction too young for their hey day but got into the via the greatest hits just when they split.... so this was the first time I had seen them and they really didn't disappoint. Hit after hit after hit!!!!!

They would be a great booking for the Avalon - same time as Adele please! :-)

4 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

They would be a great booking for the Avalon - same time as Adele please! :-)

But that means they'd probably clash with New Order too!  The friend I'm going with wants to see Adele, I'm already torn between Adele and New Order - so if the Wonder Stuff were clashing too, it would make it impossible!

I kind of agree with you ... but last year at Kendal Calling, we saw a lot of stuff together but saw different headliners one night (Elbow for him, PSB for me) and I didn't enjoy it as much on my own.  Though to be fair that could be because I was so exhausted that I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed anything except sleep!

1 minute ago, mario man said:

Would love to see this lot again, I saw them a few years ago in Cambridge but missed the Avalon gig

I was at their 'last' gig first time around, at Phoenix 94. Think I've got it on vhs somewhere, may have to dig it out...

It's on youtube - it's great!