Resale, how many going back

gerardfenton18

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how right I'll be on this but we also need to consider that we're a self-selecting group of people replying to this thread. Therefore we're more likely to be the keener types who try to make it at all costs. I imagine there will be a proportion of people who buy and just forget as well as those who buy simply because they can afford it and let the final balance drop. That may only account for a couple of thousand people but it's still something to bear in mind :)

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Might be a strange question but why would anyone even think of sending one back?......it's the ticket of the summer.

Possibly because they can no longer make it? I.e they may have died. Or got a wedding to go to. Or lost their job and are skint

So it looks like it might be somewhere between 10-15,000. If these figures are anywhere near right then it looks like for every person returning a ticket there is just under 1.5 people trying for one...so maybe around the 20,000 mark. However, I think there may be more than that...

I'd be interested to know how many will be opting for the coach resale and main resale...

2 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

So it looks like it might be somewhere between 10-15,000. If these figures are anywhere near right then it looks like for every person returning a ticket there is just under 1.5 people trying for one...so maybe around the 20,000 mark. However, I think there may be more than that...

I'd be interested to know how many will be opting for the coach resale and main resale...

I can't believe there will be as many tickets available for the resale as that (But I wish there was!). I reckon this thread will distort the numbers upwards. I think I'm right in saying the festival has never made public the numbers on sale before or after each resale? So admittedly it's all guesswork.