new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hi!!

I've finally made a long overdue account! should of done this time ago considering how much of my browsing history is taken up on eFestival forums! Love the vibes on here, all round awesome community!! I've been going to the farm since 2008 working for Workers Beer Company, but for 16 and 19 have just been a punter, and will be again next month....thank you folks for keeping the hype alive, and roll on June🙌

giphy.gif

Hi. So excited to be going to the festival after a 18 year hiatus. Went first in ‘98 and every year it was on up to 2003. I think 03 may have been the year of the new fence? 
Very likely bringing my 11 year old son with me and it will be great to see what he thinks. 

Hi, First time to Glastonbury this year, but I have been lurking since securing tickets way way back in the first release. Have found some useful info on here over the last 2 years so figured it was time I signed up to say thanks. 

9 hours ago, clarkete said:

Welcome aboard @bigroddman @Camden Leisure Pirate @PassingCloud and @Alvoram

Hope you all have good festival 🙂 

Hey Thanks @clarkete 🙏 hope you have an awesome festival too!  ^^and you guys....not long now🙌

On 5/5/2022 at 1:16 PM, Gilgamesh96 said:

Oh god, please tell me you don't believe all this bullshit too. 

What will it take for me to prove my innocence?

taking responsibility for your posts would be a start.

Ok it is very apparent this place is in meltdown and whilst I rarely log in let alone post it has been a big place for me for 15 years as a Glastonbury regular.  

I am not one to be much of a contributor but am grateful to those that are.  Similarly I often regret not contributing at least by going gold but that apparently is of no big deal to the guy running the site.

I really hope this place survives - I have loved the vibe without needing to log in - but there are big contributors who rightfully feel slighted.

I would be ever so grateful if anyone might let me know where people go as an alternative because the info here has been outstanding and i want an alternative for the future with the same freedom this site used to have.

I don’t even know what discord is but have created an account so if anyone could give me a link I’d much appreciate it in case you all can’t resolve your issues.

peace out folks 

On 5/9/2022 at 11:32 AM, SouthbanKen said:

Congrats on the stall - what are you selling? How was the process? How long have you been trading elsewhere?

wrong terminology, it's a workshop in the greencrafts area

you have to submit a 6+ plus page application with many pictures, the semi painful part was getting public liability, not too bad in the end

My partner has been teaching crafts for ages and I love crafts

Edited by zxc208

On 5/13/2022 at 5:22 PM, PassingCloud said:

Hi. So excited to be going to the festival after a 18 year hiatus. Went first in ‘98 and every year it was on up to 2003. I think 03 may have been the year of the new fence? 
Very likely bringing my 11 year old son with me and it will be great to see what he thinks. 

welcome back

I thought the fence went up in 02 (very very sunny warm festival) I would say the main difference would be the pier and it will feel massively more crowded - depending on the time and location

I've been bringing all my sons since they've 2-3yo. he'll love it and will be a different festival for you - you get to go in the kidz field and see all the bbc stars and the very good stuff

2 hours ago, zxc208 said:

welcome back

I thought the fence went up in 02 (very very sunny warm festival) I would say the main difference would be the pier and it will feel massively more crowded - depending on the time and location

I've been bringing all my sons since they've 2-3yo. he'll love it and will be a different festival for you - you get to go in the kidz field and see all the bbc stars and the very good stuff

Thanks. What’s the pier? Do you think it will seem more crowded? The festival used to run at like double capacity due to the people getting in without tickets. 

14 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

Thanks. What’s the pier? Do you think it will seem more crowded? The festival used to run at like double capacity due to the people getting in without tickets. 

The pier is the huge metal construction they put in last time. There was a mutoid robot band, sweet stalls, games and a great view. It's up to the left of the Park entrance(?), with a general controlled entry to make sure it's not overloaded. 

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

The pier is the huge metal construction they put in last time. There was a mutoid robot band, sweet stalls, games and a great view. It's up to the left of the Park entrance(?), with a general controlled entry to make sure it's not overloaded. 

I was referring to the site capacity, in 03 it was 150,000 punters

in 2019, 203,000 and it's possibly going higher in 2022 to 210,000

(https://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-capacity-increase-2020-confirmed-2550540)

I think the sunday tickets have also increased as well

In some areas it gets *extremely* busy, to the point, we make sure we avoid them - especially with kids

Edited by zxc208

8 minutes ago, morecambejack said:

Another newbie here - been reading the forum since securing tickets nearly three years ago, and at the moment pretty much live on it  - so about time I joined up! 

Welcome and enjoy the hype of the next month … it’s gonna be such fun 🤩 

Hello everyone.

New, but not new. Had to create a new account, but I promise it isn't for nefarious purposes!

I've not been able to post for ages, can't explain why. I have lurked on and off though.

Looking forward to the festival so much, first time back in the country for years, and it's going to be a belter.

See you on a field in a few weeks time

Xx

• Upvote 1

Hello! Not really a newbie.. joined efestivals in 2013. 

Loved my Glastonbury experience in 2013/2014/2015/2016. Counted on volunteering ticket with Greenpeace this year, but I've not managed to secure any 😞 

Still remaining positive that I can go with my 6 year old. This will be my last year in the UK, after 18 years living here. Heading back to Australia later this year. 

So really want my daughter to experiencing a Glastonbury before we move back to OZ permanently. 

On 5/25/2022 at 6:38 PM, Major_Tom108 said:

Hello, newbie here.

Been lurking since I got my ticket originally in 2019 (feels like a different lifetime).

1st timer here, cannot wait.

7 hours ago, Zig-A-Zig-Ah said:

Hey All,

5-time attendee (6 in a months’ time) 

Been lurking for a few years reading the forum, been amazing so thought it was about time I contributed!

Not long now!

4 minutes ago, mrmrwilson said:

Good evening all! Long time lurker, first time poster.

And guess what. I cannot wait for the 22nd June!!!

welcome all .... nearly time after a very long wait .... enjoy the ride 🙂 

HEY 🤩

Only posted a couple of times, but I've been lurking for a while so I thought it was about time I introduced myself ha. 

I'm Becky - one of many Scouse glasto-goers. Don't ask me how we all manage to get tickets... if I told you, I'd have to kill you. 👀 jk.

This year will be my 8th glasto. Been loving reading your messages and getting HYPED for this year. Only 3 and a bit weeks to go... maybe see ya in the fields!

B x

Hi! 
First timer over here! Super excited! 😊 Leaving with the coach from London on Wed morning. Going with some friends but I think we will be fairly independent and go to the shows we prefer. 

Trying to do as much research and to listen to as many artists as I can to be prepared, but will try to just roam around and go with the flow 😊

Hello.  Second time poster, long time lurker.  Did post 1st ages ago when the boards were on the glasto website but didn't know what LMFAO meant so didn't post again (am officially an old lady).  Have had to re-join.  Anyway, need to ask a question which I will do in the other bit but just thought I would say - hello!  Super looking forward to the festival this year.  Just re-adjusted my playlist based on full set times.  Got some tough Friday night/Sunday night clash decisions to make.  Big love to you all - not sure how you are supposed to sign off!

2 minutes ago, lozinge said:

Hello.  Second time poster, long time lurker.  Did post 1st ages ago when the boards were on the glasto website but didn't know what LMFAO meant so didn't post again (am officially an old lady).  Have had to re-join.  Anyway, need to ask a question which I will do in the other bit but just thought I would say - hello!  Super looking forward to the festival this year.  Just re-adjusted my playlist based on full set times.  Got some tough Friday night/Sunday night clash decisions to make.  Big love to you all - not sure how you are supposed to sign off!

Big love to you too … that’s a decent sign off I’d say … welcome to the forum and hopefully first post of many have a cracking build up and a great festival 

• Thanks 1