new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, 2nd timer here though the last time I went I was a 20 year old halfwit and this time I return a few weeks before my 40th, still a halfwit but with a switched on 12 year old daughter in tow to keep me out of trouble.  Joking aside we're both over the moon to be coming. See you all there!

11 hours ago, DavidFriio said:

Yo, 2nd timer here though the last time I went I was a 20 year old halfwit and this time I return a few weeks before my 40th, still a halfwit but with a switched on 12 year old daughter in tow to keep me out of trouble.  Joking aside we're both over the moon to be coming. See you all there!

Plenty of other oldies in here, welcome aboard 

Newbie here. Unfortunately fell foul to seetickets glitchy website for the main full ticket sale (got all the way through to payment, then the pay button didn't work!) but managed to get Sunday tickets.

Lived in the local area all my life but never realised I was eligible for Sunday tickets lol, so this will be my first time!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

welcome and good luck .... theres a meet-up and solo camping stuff closer to the time 

That'll be great, is it easy to find? I missed out on WV today (didn't realise they were on sale until tonight!) but keeping my fingers crossed. Otherwise I'll have to learn how to put a tent up! 😁

Just now, HMCC said:

That'll be great, is it easy to find? I missed out on WV today (didn't realise they were on sale until tonight!) but keeping my fingers crossed. Otherwise I'll have to learn how to put a tent up! 😁

they'll be stuff  posted here on the Glastonbury section .... more worthy view will be available at resale time in april ( probably ) some of the tents now are very easy to put up ... pop up ones especially but need some learning and practise for taking down 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

they'll be stuff  posted here on the Glastonbury section .... more worthy view will be available at resale time in april ( probably ) some of the tents now are very easy to put up ... pop up ones especially but need some learning and practise for taking down 🙂 

I'll keep an eye out; thank you! Will keep an eye on resale, otherwise I'll be needing to get some practice in with a tent 😁 all very exciting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First timer in my 50s.  Unsuccessful with tickets for years and now I live close enough to get Sunday tickets I finally got through the booking system!!

Taking my 12 yr old kiddo who is quite excited to goto her 1st festival. 

Edited by Slimeyc
  • Like 1

hi all! forum newbie here! got tickets for 2023 with a group of pals, I also went in 2019 with a different group but i had done very little research honestly was overwhelmed with how much I missed haha!! so this time i'm going to try a bit harder to not miss out!!! I know that's impossible but we'll give it a go 😄 i'm so excited! nice to meet you all! 🙂 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 1:23 PM, ahoykatie said:

hi all! forum newbie here! got tickets for 2023 with a group of pals, I also went in 2019 with a different group but i had done very little research honestly was overwhelmed with how much I missed haha!! so this time i'm going to try a bit harder to not miss out!!! I know that's impossible but we'll give it a go 😄 i'm so excited! nice to meet you all! 🙂 

Ahoy there @ahoykatie🙂 

• Like 1

Newbie of the century here - never been to a concert, never been to a festival, despite almost 25 years of trying (chef hours and living in remote areas of Australia aren't helpful btw) - so planning to make a solo Glastonbury 2024 trip the event that breaks the seal 🙂 And if that doesn't work then I guess I'll try and try again hahaha! Look forward to reading your always (😉 😬) civilised and sensible comments and perhaps seeing some of you there (if I can get a - just one - ticket).

I've not been to a festival for over a decade. I was a complete festival nut before that - I've been to 13 Glastos and many other festivals in-between. My first Glasto was 1995.

This year, I got tickets for me and friends and we're traveling from Spain, and will be meeting old friends there. Campervan has been hired and I can't wait after such a break.

I'll be watching the forum like a hawk for updates 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RobP said:

I've not been to a festival for over a decade. I was a complete festival nut before that - I've been to 13 Glastos and many other festivals in-between. My first Glasto was 1995.

This year, I got tickets for me and friends and we're traveling from Spain, and will be meeting old friends there. Campervan has been hired and I can't wait after such a break.

I'll be watching the forum like a hawk for updates 🙂

lots of changes in that period .... welcome to the forum and the fun of the buildup 

• Like 1

Figured I'd say hello , about 10yrs after I first posted.
First went 2008 ( the two of us, it was insanely overwhelming!). Met up with people from the forum in 2009 ( over 30's and the old gits). Did reasonably well with tickets after that ( except 2014/dolly 😞 ). 
But last time was 2019.... failed for 2020 ( and we all know what happened next)..
To say we're buzzing to be back is the understatement of the decade... 

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2023 at 10:59 AM, Redacted said:

Newbie of the century here - never been to a concert, never been to a festival, despite almost 25 years of trying (chef hours and living in remote areas of Australia aren't helpful btw) - so planning to make a solo Glastonbury 2024 trip the event that breaks the seal 🙂 And if that doesn't work then I guess I'll try and try again hahaha! Look forward to reading your always (😉 😬) civilised and sensible comments and perhaps seeing some of you there (if I can get a - just one - ticket).

From reading this i'm assuming you'll be trying in the resales... in that case, good luck!!

Ahoy - Im from Greater Manchester - a longtime lurker and gatherer of hot info from this forum - used it to impress my friends  who think im the guru of Glasto knowlegde - so thanks !!! First festival was 2000, then 2009 and been to every festival since 2014 - like most of you its my heaven on earth 🙂 not got a ticket yet for 2023 but will be there somehow !!! 😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, recently joined efests, although been an avid fan for many years. Got 2023 tickets with a big group of pals, been a few times before - 2016 and 2017 but failed to get them the following years. Looking to expand my knowledge of the festival and find some good tips. Hoping for an exciting line up soon. Nice to meet you all x

• Like 1