Worthy View Podpad

stopwn1981

11 hours ago, nodolphie said:

That's a mirror on the front door.

noise from neighbours, it's made of plywood so not much better than a tent. The interesting thing was, where they were fit tight together, if someone at the end of the row turned in their sleep - my walls moved 3 pods down !  The beds are narrow.

im camping this year, mainly because the walk back up the hill to WV was horrendous.  Far worse than the hill of death.  Thankfully only done it once a day as kept supplies in a lockup on site. 

we'll be in CV Field West again so we'll be avoiding going before the bitter end.  We didnt use the lock ups at all last time but I really need to check out the lock ups as i was sick of carrying my backpack full of booze and a chair around all day and night.  How many of lock ups are on site and can anyone advise of a good routine to get into?

20 minutes ago, zico martin said:

we'll be in CV Field West again so we'll be avoiding going before the bitter end.  We didnt use the lock ups at all last time but I really need to check out the lock ups as i was sick of carrying my backpack full of booze and a chair around all day and night.  How many of lock ups are on site and can anyone advise of a good routine to get into?

There are 5 lockups on the west side of the site, Oxlyers, Pennards (2), Paines, Park. When you have finished with your chairs & bags like maybe before heading to the naughty corner. Drop your stuff in the lockup and then pick it up on the way back to the van. job done. 

A friend of mine stayed in a Podpad at another festival when his wife was recovering from illness and they reckoned it would be a little bit more comfortable.  He was not very enthusiastic and said they are overpriced for what they are....

Edited by Watergirl

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Do you get a ticket for WV? Or is it like a hotel reservation? How do you confirm who's staying there with you?

When I was up there you just had an email that you had to print off and take with you. You had to email them in advance with the names of the people who were staying in your "unit" and it couldn't be more than the number of people the unit could hold. When you get to Worthy View, each section has a "reception" area and you go to your reception and book in like you would in a hotel. They then direct you to your unit.

37 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

That made me LOL in the office. The look like the are only suitable for very small people. 

Too be fair I sleep curled up, so I'll give it a crack.  Will likely need to stay up really late, get totally smashed and accept 3 hrs kip a night again. I thought I was having a mental break on the Saturday last year!

My neighbours were not rowdy and didn't get any trouble sleeping in that sense, but you can still hear loud snoring for instance. I would have booked one again this yr if I could, view is great from up there and proper toilets. don't really need a chair unless taking one into festival with you as there were pallet type things outside.

10 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

My neighbours were not rowdy and didn't get any trouble sleeping in that sense, but you can still hear loud snoring for instance. I would have booked one again this yr if I could, view is great from up there and proper toilets. don't really need a chair unless taking one into festival with you as there were pallet type things outside.

Gonna pump 'brown noise' through my phone into my headphones and drown out any pill head ramblings, snoring or sexual assaults!

• 6 years later...
39 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I know this thread hasn't been used in a while, but does anyone know how much the PodPad costs for the weekend? I've been trying to search for even last year's prices, but I can't find anything. 

Here you go... 

http://web.archive.org/web/20210813163336/https://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-accommodation-options/

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Thanks a lot! Just as I thought, it's far too expensive for me!

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

5 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Thanks a lot! Just as I thought, it's far too expensive for me!

I'm an old git and had secured a coach ticket, so any option which didn't require you to to carry rollmat or airbed was good. They also had some of the nicest toilets I've seen in twenty nine visits - clean flushing ones with paper and sanitiser. 

On 9/27/2022 at 4:40 PM, clarkete said:

I'm an old git and had secured a coach ticket, so any option which didn't require you to to carry rollmat or airbed was good. They also had some of the nicest toilets I've seen in twenty nine visits - clean flushing ones with paper and sanitiser. 

It does sound tempting. Another issue is I'm likely to be alone now. Is there a thread for preerected tents or podpad buddying up? Haha.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moogster said:

So um @clarkete, how much easier was it grabbing a podpad being on coach? (Planning our options, pros and cons etc)

The grabbing of it was exactly the same, whether you were a GA or Coach ticket holder. 

The lucky folks would have reserved them back in 2019, but I'm sure they go quicker than scout tents for example. 

In my case I didn't get a festival ticket until resale March 2022, so couldn't look for pods until on resale and it took a while before cancellations came up - me checking every day multiple times for weeks. I regularly saw scout tents available, but as I say cutting any weight when walking from coach park was paramount for me. 

Found it very comfy to sleep (suspect over six foot may hang off end of bunk bed), quiet and dark, neither too hot or cold, had multiple shelves too. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Be interesting to see how well these options sell next year, or whether it’s something people decide to sacrifice.

I can't see them having an issue. Bunkpad being 200 quid per person (with 4) for five nights accommodation is pretty good value if you think of it as a holiday.  

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's quite tempting, as I struggled a bit lying on the ground this year and being on the coach, bringing a camp bed is out of the question.

Not all camp beds are created equal.

Some of them pack down smaller/lighter than airbeds these days. I wouldn't quite go to that extreme as I reckon those ones can be too unstable especially as the ground isn't perfectly flat, but take a look at the Robens Outpost Low as something that's reasonably lightweight yet stable - albeit at a higher price than would be desirable. I took one on public transport this year and it worked a treat.

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Went coach. Took a camp bed.

Just saying 😉

Yeah, my point wasn't that it wasn't possible, but that as an oldie I knew that when I got coach in 2019 walking to the CV fields and back was a challenge. 

3 years later, heavier, less fit and post covid I knew any additional weight would potentially result in me not being able to do it. Plus a bed that other people said was comfy, plenty of convenient storage and other decent facilities.  This is an annual week of holiday for me and some of these things are what make the difference between still being able to come and not. 

For me it was a great alternative to renting a caravan and in this case more money went to the festival 😊

Edited by clarkete

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Yeah, my point wasn't that it wasn't possible, but that as an oldie I knew that when I got coach in 2019 walking to the CV fields and back was a challenge. 

3 years later, heavier, less fit and post covid I knew any additional weight would potentially result in me not being able to do it. Plus a bed that other people said was comfy, plenty of convenient storage and other decent facilities.  This is an annual week of holiday for me and some of these things are what make the difference between still being able to come and not. 

For me it was a great alternative to renting a caravan and in this case more money went to the festival 😊

Oh my dig was very much aimed at @stuartbert two hats 😄

• Upvote 1