campervan - getting on and off shambles

paulfoel

6 hours ago, marcoolio said:

Well I didn't downvote anyone, but I did think some of the responses here were a bit harsh. I realise it's probabably due to the tone of the OP, and the fact that he started a few moaning threads in short succession. Still, there are plenty of threads here with people complaining about certain elements of the festival and the organisers, such as the many complaints about the logistics of the SE corner or the Pyramid barriers, and rarely do people get told they should just stay away from the festival altogether.

i can see your point Marco old son but not EVERYONE did the SE corner or the Pyramid stage but EVERYONE had to use the car parks ....but i think we should just forget the negative stuff and as long as we all got off and home safe thats the most importent thing i believe .....and those that really didnt like it well they dont have to go again and those of us that will go know that we might just find ourselves in the same old shit again ...

postive vibes

17012.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

i can see your point Marco old son but not EVERYONE did the SE corner or the Pyramid stage but EVERYONE had to use the car parks

*adjusts glasses*

Actually, I had coach tickets. :D

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

....but i think we should just forget the negative stuff and as long as we all got off and home safe thats the most importent thing i believe .....and those that really didnt like it well they dont have to go again and those of us that will go know that we might just find ourselves in the same old shit again ...

postive vibes

But yeah, that's the main thing, isn't it? 

Good vibrations, people!

8dd9d20dfc963f5569241ddbe41d3be1631c9bf8669d12f555f329f686548919.jpg

Edited by marcoolio

On 05/07/2016 at 2:49 PM, paulfoel said:

Jeez. Sounds like some of you actually like things being a bit shit for some unknown reason. Sort of like the Stella advert - "Glastonbury reassuringly disorganised".

Not saying that anything can be done about the mud or the rain obviously. And yes its going to be a lot of hassle.

BUT, trying to get out of the campervan fields sunday night and finding out no-one really had a plan or knew who was in charge or what was going on was a bit much. 

Yes, I waited about 3-4 hours for a tow out. Friends waited 12 hours. I also heard of "private" tractors appearing and charging people to get towed out. Friends paid £30 for their VM campervan. Others more I heard.

Few more metalled roads like they had in places, bit more organisation and a plan with the tow offs job done. Thats all.

Those us with small children in tow and/or people with health problems unfortunately, do need to think of these things, its not being "precious". If things are too shite we just can't go.

I'd love to lie in a tent, covered in mud, pissed out of my head for 5 days and not give a rats arse when I get home or how but I dont have that luxury. Im guessing some of you will realise this when your personal situation changes in time.

So, let me see if I've got this right. It's been pissing down prior to the festival, it's due to piss down at some point during the festival and you drove in to it thinking they'd be no resulting traffic problems getting out?

On 01/07/2016 at 1:57 PM, paulfoel said:

Complete shambles. Neither the stewards or tractor drivers seemed to know what to do. MAssive queues.

Had real hassle. They towed our car off first (it was parked away from caravan - we popped out Friday). Then decided they couldnt move caravan. Nobody would make a decision. In the end they towed car back in and towed it all off.

Mates of ours said on monday private tractors were turning up and charging people. They paid £30. How did glasto let that happen anyway?

I know the mud was bad but, being the permier festival in the world, I just thought things could be a bit better. Eavis makes millions out of the deal - spend a few quid on sorting out the campervan fields.

If it puts off pampered, spoiled, over entitled knob heads from waking their butler up at 9am on the 2nd of October to get them a ticket, then I'm all for it.  

I'd have gladly put up with a couple of hours queuing to go this year so shut your yap.   

1 hour ago, Charm said:

You still had to travel to and from the site, even coach people had difficulties this year, I think this is what Guy meant. 
Charm x

Truthfully, I didn't quite understand the relevance of Guy's point but I wanted to let it go as I liked his bigger point that it's best to just forget about the negative stuff.

I feel I was very lucky to have gotten coach tickets this year, especially considering we had zero problems getting on or off the site. But I'm sure you're right and other coach travellers did have problems as well. Still, while I was originally hoping to get regular tickets for 2017 (ticket gods willing, I'm now thinking coach tickets are pretty much perfect for me (knock wood).

1 hour ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know that reference, but I have decided to assume it's meant to be an expression of admiration and support. :D