Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, keebuff said:

What's the best way of getting to and from the festival? Taxi? 

Yes mate , you can get a service bus into Beni then one of the shuttles but that's about early , 6.30 ish . We taxi , get ya local friendly barman to get you a cab , taxis back can be a nightmare though , worst case was a 2 hour queue . Where you staying in Oropesa ?

7 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

Yes mate , you can get a service bus into Beni then one of the shuttles but that's about early , 6.30 ish . We taxi , get ya local friendly barman to get you a cab , taxis back can be a nightmare though , worst case was a 2 hour queue . Where you staying in Oropesa ?

Cheers fella!

Yeah some of the queues for taxis back last year were f****** silly. What are the fares like?

And an apartment by the Enchanted Garden thing I think...

7 minutes ago, scanerack said:

I'm staying in Oropesa too, got an apartment, not sure where as my mate booked it.

What's it like there for bars, shops etc?

On the playa la concha it's lined with restaurants but not many bars but there are loads of bars in and around the town , no "Linekers" type of themed Brit pubs , it's a Spanish resort that caters for locals . Saying that it's  livelier if you are Marina d'or side . We drink in a small local bar at the end of the playa , it's the last bar there and right  next to our apartment ! There's a large supermarket and a few "tat" shops , my Mrs tells me there's some nice shops too ( who knew) 

Hi I'll be 17 by the time I'm going to benicassim, I was wondering what the security are like when it comes to getting the wristbands. Is it possible to get one even though I'm not of age and if not what are the security in the festival like if they see you drinking with a 16-18 band on? Thanks

hey guys - me and my friend (both 19) are going for the first time this summer and can't wait. we got the easy tent option from festickets- does anyone know if this is any good? how much better it is? have gathered its a bit more of a walk away than the normal campsite! 

can anyone give us any tips for the week? what to bring/what not to bring? what to do during the day?

anything at all appreciated! 

thanks 

niamh x

1 hour ago, niamhy said:

hey guys - me and my friend (both 19) are going for the first time this summer and can't wait. we got the easy tent option from festickets- does anyone know if this is any good? how much better it is? have gathered its a bit more of a walk away than the normal campsite! 

can anyone give us any tips for the week? what to bring/what not to bring? what to do during the day?

anything at all appreciated! 

thanks 

niamh x

We had an Easy Tent last year. I'd get yourself something to sleep on - the yoga mats they give you aren't comfortable at all...

For tips and stuff have a read of this: http://www.radiox.co.uk/festivals/benicassim/pictures/genuinely-useful-festival-tips/

Are you staying in Campfest Glamping or Villacamp?

Edited by keebuff

To all of you staying in the Marina Dor, La concha beach or Morro de Gos areas of Oropesa holiday resort, there is excellent news for this year FIB,  there will be OFFICIAL airport transfer to this resort this year, you will be able to book then through the FIBSHOP at the fiberfib.com website, there also there will be OFFICIAL suttle bus services from the resort to the gates of the festival arena, again they will be booked through the FIBSHOP

On 2/8/2017 at 9:06 PM, ConorC said:

Just had an eye opener!

we bought villacamp tickets thinking that it included the pre pitched tents... is that just for access to the villacamp and no tent?

also we only bought 3 villacamp tickets between 6 of us (thinking that we were paying for 3 tents), does that mean only 3 of us can now get into villacamp?

Struggling to find anywhere to shift these tickets.

Can't do it through twickets as it's only for UK events and it seems like you can only sell tickets for the festival itself through viagogo.

What's the best place to sell them? Or better still does anyone from here want them?!

7 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

Hi I'll be 17 by the time I'm going to benicassim, I was wondering what the security are like when it comes to getting the wristbands. Is it possible to get one even though I'm not of age and if not what are the security in the festival like if they see you drinking with a 16-18 band on? Thanks

They ask for your passports when exchanging ticket for wristband, if you look borderline 18, therefore will give you an under 18 wristband meaning you'll be unable to buy a drink. Never seen any security policing the situation though, so I'd imagine if you had a mate buying you a beer, it wouldn't be a problem. If so, just pour it into a paper Coke cup, which is what they serve up soft drinks in. Can't really see it being an issue though.

Edited by andytommo

3 hours ago, aixa said:

To all of you staying in the Marina Dor, La concha beach or Morro de Gos areas of Oropesa holiday resort, there is excellent news for this year FIB,  there will be OFFICIAL airport transfer to this resort this year, you will be able to book then through the FIBSHOP at the fiberfib.com website, there also there will be OFFICIAL suttle bus services from the resort to the gates of the festival arena, again they will be booked through the FIBSHOP

Can't find info regarding shuttle from la Concha , you got a link ?

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

They ask for your passports when exchanging ticket for wristband, if you look borderline 18, therefore will give you an under 18 wristband meaning you'll be unable to buy a drink. Never seen any security policing the situation though, so I'd imagine if you had a mate buying you a beer, it wouldn't be a problem. If so, just pour it into a paper Coke cup, which is what they serve up soft drinks in. Can't really see it being an issue though.

Was just wondering about  smoking aswell as obviously you can be sixteen over here but utb says you have to be eighteens over there, wasn't just wondering if you knew whether they'd be be bothered about husband either 

Hi Gedkelly,

The shuttle coaches depart from the tourist office in the concha beach from 6.30pm till 9:30pm every 30 minutes, soon you will be able to buy them from fiberfib website, also from danespfib website and at the resort from El Jardín Hotel, El Ancla Hotel and from Aguts bar oposite Hotel Neptuno

Edited by aixa

1 hour ago, aixa said:

Hi Gedkelly,

The shuttle coaches depart from the tourist office in the concha beach from 6.30pm till 9:30pm every 30 minutes, soon you will be able to buy them from fiberfib website, also from danespfib website and at the resort from El Jardín Hotel, El Ancla Hotel and from Aguts bar oposite Hotel Neptuno

Thanks for that 

5 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

Was just wondering about  smoking aswell as obviously you can be sixteen over here but utb says you have to be eighteens over there, wasn't just wondering if you knew whether they'd be be bothered about husband either 

I think it's 18 to buy ciggies in Spain, but pretty sure you can smoke legally from the age of about 14, from memory.

15 hours ago, aixa said:

Hi Gedkelly,

Hello,

We do not have official FIB buses from Oropesa, but you can use the regular lines that will take you to Benicàssim, and they work really well.

Regards.

FIB Team 

Just got this back from Maraworld

27 minutes ago, Katie9393 said:

Anybody ever flown to Alicante for the festival? 

If so, how did you get to Benicassim or Oropesa from there?

Thanks

You can get a shuttle bus from the airport to FIB. Information is on the FIB website - or you can also use eufest who we've used the last few years.

Hi all, there has been shuttle coaches to the FIB from Marina Dor and the Concha beach Oropesa, since 2008, not to the inside of the festival arena, only up to Benicassim, but as from this year they will be OFFICIAL ones as mentioned I an earlier post.  Check the fiberfib website in 7 days time. SEE last years schedule.....

leaflet-outside-v4.pdf

Edited by aixa