Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is always super quiet, I went through every european festival/ shows around the time of fib, including uk ones to see if i could compile a list of potential acts still to be announced, criticise it all you want but not many others are doing guesswork, let me know if you think  its likely

·         Alt j

·         Wilco

·         Kurt vile

·         Wolf alice

·         Foster the people

·         Strokes(wish fulfilment) 

·         Tame impala(because of that weird link thing on their website)

·         Phoenix

·         Fleet foxes

·         Two door cinema club

·         Justice

·         Chance the rapper

·         Ezra furman

·         Courteeners

·         Lana del ray

·         Imagine dragons

·         London grammar

·         Glass animals

·         Metronomy

·         Frank Ocean

·         Chase and Status

·         Mac Miller

·         Flatbush zombies

·         Die antwoord

·         Franz Ferdinand

·         Royal blood

·         Wolfmother

·         The orwells

·         Circa waves

·         Justice

Edited by OddRon

11 minutes ago, OddRon said:

This thread is always super quiet, I went through every european festival/ shows around the time of fib, including uk ones to see if i could compile a list of potential acts still to be announced, criticise it all you want but not many others are doing guesswork, let me know if you think  its likely

·         Strokes

·         Ezra furman

·         Courteeners

·         Lana del ray

·         London grammar

·         Glass animals

·         Mac Miller

·         Wolfmother

·         The orwells

·         Circa waves

i deleted all the bands that are already playing at Spanish festivals in June/July (and thus unlikely for FIB)

Edited by gregory

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

·         Alt j

·         Wilco

·         Kurt vile

·         Wolf alice

·         Foster the people

·         Strokes(wish fulfilment) 

·         Phoenix

·         Fleet foxes

·         Two door cinema club

·         Justice

·         Ezra furman

·         Courteeners

·         Lana del ray

·         London grammar

·         Glass animals

·         Metronomy

·         Frank Ocean

·         Mac Miller

·         Die antwoord

·         Franz Ferdinand

·         Royal blood

·         Wolfmother

·         The orwells

·         Circa waves

·         Justice

You have missed New Order off that list. They have not announced any festivals yet but should be active during the summer.

This will be my 1st Beni and I am really looking forward to it :-D

1 hour ago, gregory said:

i deleted all the bands that are already playing at Spanish festivals in June/July (and thus unlikely for FIB)

One or two might play more than one Spanish festival, but I agree, chances are low, based on previous history.  Although Biffy Clyro did play both BBK and FIB last July, didn't they? And Foals are also doing Mad Cool this year, aren't they? 

Going back to the previous post, what 'link on the Tame Impala website' are you referring to? I didn't think they were playing out at all in 2017?

Now both The Orwells and London Grammar confirmed for playing SBSR in Lisbon the same weekend, so I reckon they're both highly likely for Benicassim.

Edited by andytommo

54 minutes ago, andytommo said:

One or two might play more than one Spanish festival, but I agree, chances are low, based on previous history.  Although Biffy Clyro did play both BBK and FIB last July, didn't they? And Foals are also doing Mad Cool this year, aren't they? 

Going back to the previous post, what 'link on the Tame Impala website' are you referring to? I didn't think they were playing out at all in 2017?

Now both The Orwells and London Grammar confirmed for playing SBSR in Lisbon the same weekend, so I reckon they're both highly likely for Benicassim.

If  you go back a few pages there's talk of  tame  impala  due to a weird link to their website which details them playing fib, might not be legit, but they are playing a new York festival this summer so definitely not on hiatus like they said

21 minutes ago, OddRon said:

If  you go back a few pages there's talk of  tame  impala  due to a weird link to their website which details them playing fib, might not be legit, but they are playing a new York festival this summer so definitely not on hiatus like they said

I followed the link on their News page where it came from, it's just an outdated link from the last time they announced they were playing in 2014 unfortunately, still might not be 100% ruled out though.   

I think the lack of speculation comes from the lack of announcements, things normally pick up once they've said when the next announcements coming. 

I'd be surprised not to see the Editors there as well, they're all around Europe this Summer and I believe no Spanish date? 

The rest of the line-up must be due to come out in the next week, right? 

Chance the Rapper looking like shoe-in based on current evidence and I don't think I'd rather any other artist over him (hence my name!). The only reason against him might be that he's too similar to The Weeknd (Although I don't really know his work). 

11 minutes ago, Furg111 said:

What do we think about the Courteeners playing, they seem to be really quiet about summer festivals? I'm seeing them at Manchester but would make my festival complete seeing them added to the bill, think they are big enough to headline the Thursday now... thoughts?

They're only big in the north of UK, let alone Spain so doubt they'll be the mini headliner, maybe 3rd down on one of the bigger days, Like Foals was a coheadline at reading last year and courteeners was 3rd down the main stage, so if foals is considered a sub at fib, bare in mind they're both owned by melvin benn, courteeners would be 3rd or 4th down

13 hours ago, OddRon said:

They're only big in the north of UK, let alone Spain so doubt they'll be the mini headliner, maybe 3rd down on one of the bigger days, Like Foals was a coheadline at reading last year and courteeners was 3rd down the main stage, so if foals is considered a sub at fib, bare in mind they're both owned by melvin benn, courteeners would be 3rd or 4th down

Not so sure about that anymore, we went to see them in London and it was heaving! They went down an absolute storm with locals very much looking forward to it beforehand from conversations. I'd probably have them as second to the headliner but who knows. Watching them at Leeds/Reading they were too far down the bill. Do we think the stone roses are out of the picture now? 

20 hours ago, neacaisa said:

well, the source is a fan that just took a picture with albarn, I wouldn't count on them doing festivals this summer.

Id love it be them but you'd think if Gorillaz were about this Summer we'd have heard by now. 

Also this tweet has basically made everyone dismiss them for this summer (guessing you're the same?) :lol:

IMG_6967.JPG