Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

Yooo couple questions. We are heading to FIB on the 12th and stay at Hotel Intur Orange (Supposedly only 20min walk from the festival). We will be coming from Madrid and want to catch the train as it is meant to be the fastest. But I read above that the train has a bit of stuffing around involved. Which adds to the time it actually takes to get the train. Would be it more in our interest to get a shuttle from Madrid. As someone had recommended using eufest.com to book a bus.

Basically my questions are:

What is the fastest way to get to Benicassim?

When do the train tickets go on sale?

If we are to catch the train from Madrid how long will it take?

Does anyone recommend booking a bus through eufest.com?

What would be the most hassel/stress free option?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction for this weeks announcement (or soon to be announced): Imagine Dragons, London Grammar, Glass Animals, Solange, Dua Lipa, Stormzy, Sampha, The Lemon Twigs, Sohn, Toy. Not sure about the 4th headliner, of if we'll get them this week.

Edited by gregory

On 13/03/2017 at 2:02 AM, Geoffery Ferguson said:

Yooo couple questions. We are heading to FIB on the 12th and stay at Hotel Intur Orange (Supposedly only 20min walk from the festival). We will be coming from Madrid and want to catch the train as it is meant to be the fastest. But I read above that the train has a bit of stuffing around involved. Which adds to the time it actually takes to get the train. Would be it more in our interest to get a shuttle from Madrid. As someone had recommended using eufest.com to book a bus.

Basically my questions are:

What is the fastest way to get to Benicassim?

When do the train tickets go on sale?

If we are to catch the train from Madrid how long will it take?

Does anyone recommend booking a bus through eufest.com?

What would be the most hassel/stress free option?

Hi

Madrid is an awfully long way by road but a coach with eufest will get you there in about 4 hours. 

Regarding train tickets you can buy these from Renfe, I think they go on sale about 8 weeks in advance when I booked last year. May be wrong though.. 

You will need to give yourself enough time to get the train which is why I would go with eufest for ease, as they have coaches to/from the airport almost every hour at peak times.

2 hours ago, HappyWednesday said:

Has anyone spotted the clashfinder stage time sheet that's been set up?  Has all the currently announced artists on and looks a good guess from everything that's been said on here.  Sunday main stage pretty fixed according to it.

Sunday night looks really strong already, doesn't it? The Bonobo set time looks a bit odd though, starting at 4am, especially as it's a full band set-up (live and not a DJ set). Be nice to see if there's a lot more content in filling up the gaps, come Friday!

Just now, andytommo said:

Sunday night looks really strong already, doesn't it? The Bonobo set time looks a bit odd though, starting at 4am, especially as it's a full band set-up (live and not a DJ set). Be nice to see if there's a lot more content in filling up the gaps, come Friday!

how do you know announcement is Friday? 

I thought the same about the Bonobo set time, and also that Blossoms seem too early.  But would get people to go in early I guess which is a good tactic.  Would prefer it to be dark for them though a la Courteeners in 2014.  Would love them to be announced this week.  Doesn't look like we'll get an announcement today now.  Probably a "Manana" twitter pic this evening...

57 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

I thought the same about the Bonobo set time, and also that Blossoms seem too early.  But would get people to go in early I guess which is a good tactic.  Would prefer it to be dark for them though a la Courteeners in 2014.  Would love them to be announced this week.  Doesn't look like we'll get an announcement today now.  Probably a "Manana" twitter pic this evening...

Interesting that Foals aren't even main sub for Fri night, based on this current showing. It could all change though. 2 gaps to be filled after them for the main sub, then the headliner. I thought Foals would be a strong sub for Fri, playing directly before a weaker/cheaper Fri night headliner.  If we do get London Grammar, they're going to be on either straight after Blossoms, or the act after them, on the main stage on Sat night, directly before RHCPs. Can't see where else they are going to fit in, other than these 2 free slots.

Here you go.

16.jpg

Have Foals been upgraded to headliners? :/ 

EDIT: Yes, they have. Bullshit

They are joined by a trio of headliners made up of DEADMAU5 , one of today's most impressive electronic producers, the British FOALS , who have become well-known heads of festivals such as Reading and Leeds, and the expected return of LOS PLANETS at the top of the poster on an exciting nigh

Edited by gregory

To be honest Deadmau5 and Foals is a good coheadline... but I don't like the way they've gone about it.

Since the very start they've been below the headliners in a different font size and colour making everyone think there was a big act to come.

I'm not going to grumble... The Weeknd, Foals/Deadmau5, RHCP and Kasabian is very good for me, just wish they'd not left us dreaming of a Roses/Gorillaz/Strokes and made it obvious! 

Some really good stuff added but then also disappointing at the same time with Foals / Deadmau5 and Los Planetas co-headlining one of the nights. They obviously had someone booked but it fell through, but it isn't surprising as it does fit with the general pattern of bookings...

Of late it's been 1x Saturday night big headliner, with the rest being a mix of 1x small headliner (usually Thursday), 1x R&B headliner and a run of the mill indie headliner completing the line up.

Pleased to see Crystal Fighters, Stormzy, Pete Doherty, Declan McKenna, Theme Park and Sunflower Bean added.

Looking at the fact Crystal Fighters, Stormzy and Love of Lesbian are in the larger font, would these be the three subs for the other nights? 

If so they seem a strange combination to go with RHCP, Kasabian and Weeknd... and I wouldn't say they're bigger than the likes of Courteeners either, who the logical support for Kasabian to me, or LG.

If this is the case we now have all headliners and sub headliners, is there normally much more to get excited about or will it be a lot of filler acts now? 

IMG_8572.PNG

Edited by alexlloyd

Foals are on Friday, right? Which means we could be looking at ...

• Thursday: The Weeknd
  • Friday: Los Planetas - Foals - deadmau5
  • Saturday: RHCP
  • Sunday: Kasabian 

With subs of  Crystal Fighters, Love of Lesbian and Stormzy?

Damn I regret getting tickets for this fest. There's so little on it in the end I'm interested in. Oh well, sure we'll have fun regardless :) 

41 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I'm not going to grumble... The Weeknd, Foals/Deadmau5, RHCP and Kasabian is very good for me, just wish they'd not left us dreaming of a Roses/Gorillaz/Strokes and made it obvious! 

Strongly agree with this gentleman.
Anyway, when I was at Beni last time, there were only two big headliners, so for me it'll be a sin to complain about the Friday mainstage trio :biggrin:
Foals are really awesome live and IMO they've earned their headliner role.
Strange to see Courteeners at the lower part of poster, but they are probably will headline the second stage.
Crystal Fighters and Pete Doherty are great addictions too. Never heard about any of bands below, except for Slaves and Tyler, time to give 'em a listen. 

At his stage its till a little too early to be even thnking about Clashfinder. I know its not usually far wrong but I I still think there is another headliner to be announced, of the Subies I think Foals will Sub RHCP, Los Planetos sub Kasabian, Deamou5 after Weekend and  Crystal Fighters, Stormzy & LoL all headlining 2nd Stage.

but with acts Like Blossoms Courteeeners  Pete Docherty Kaleo, Liam Gallacher and Twin Peaks im more than happy so far. total of 12 Bands I defo want to see subject to the usual clashes.

Can't understand the grumbles. It's the best and strongest mid-term line-up probably since the year the Stone Roses played, so about 6 years. Still 30+ more names TBA. No complaints here. Sunflower Bean, Courteeners, Doherty, Declan McKenna, Stormzy, have all put a smile on mat face today :D

34 minutes ago, demondrummer said:

At his stage its till a little too early to be even thnking about Clashfinder. I know its not usually far wrong but I I still think there is another headliner to be announced, of the Subies I think Foals will Sub RHCP, Los Planetos sub Kasabian, Deamou5 after Weekend and  Crystal Fighters, Stormzy & LoL all headlining 2nd Stage.

but with acts Like Blossoms Courteeeners  Pete Docherty Kaleo, Liam Gallacher and Twin Peaks im more than happy so far. total of 12 Bands I defo want to see subject to the usual clashes.

Mate Foals and Deadmau5 are headlining.