How many of the lineup have you already seen?

Jasonbee

The xx - At Bestival quite a few years ago. Their music is much more interesting live, but doubt I'd watch again.

Royal Blood - I can't remember if I saw them at a festival, but I did catch them at Electric Ballroom and they were great.

Alt-J - Bit dull.

Boy Better Know - Really good at Bestival a couple of years ago. The sound was perfect.

Run The Jewels - Seen them at KOKO and at Glasto. They were much better in KOKO but I was probably in a bad spot at Glastonbury. I've got a lot of time for El-P and Killer Mike, but I'm a bit tired of Run The Jewels so not sure I'll bother this year.

The Jacksons - The sound was awful when I saw them at Bestival.

Justice - Saw a couple of times around 2011, I think. Amazing live set up. 

Dizzee Rascal - Performed Boy In Da Corner in October and it was as great as expected, but I doubt he'd do that at Glastonbury.

Badbadnotgood - Was it 2013 they played? I've only listened to their album with Ghostface Killah since then, but they were really good. It was mostly jazz covers of hip hop songs then, but I understand they've come into their own since. 

Metronomy - There was one summer years ago where they seemed to play every festival. 2011? They've always been good when I've seen them.

Annie Mac - I saw her at Lovebox waiting for somebody else to come on. She plays some good stuff, but there'll be plenty of better options. 

Kano - Played last year and it was great, though I had to leave because I was sweating unjustifiable amounts.

Wiley - Terrible when I saw him but he'll get another chance since his music is mostly incredible. 

DJ Shadow - Bestival 2011, really good. Light show was mad. 

Little Dragon - Always great when I see them. Hoping the new album is a bit more memorable than what they normally serve up though. 

Boys Noize - Seen a couple of times, both really good. First was just a DJ set but it was mad, second was the live show last year which worked really well.

Loyle Carner - Not his biggest fan, and I hate when rappers say they're going to do some "poetry" and they just perform a verse acapella. I've struggled to respect him since.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

emily has said theyre on pyramid 

Ah. Hmm. I worry they'll be a bit lost up there, fingers crossed not. Seen em twice so won't be there anyways, but hope they go down better than they did on other.

Foo Fighters - Both times at MK Bowl, first time on a knock down priced ticket from a mate who couldn't go at last minute, was so enjoyable that I went again to the broken leg "throne" tour. Never used to be my cup of tea on record but the live show is ace.

The National - Wanted to see for years, finally got the chance at Latitude last year and it was one of the most incredible sets I have ever seen, with one of the best crowds too.

Biffy Clyro - Four times now, again, great live show. Much prefer their older stuff and its a shame they seem to be phasing it out - but the appearances of Wave Upon Wave, 57 and Justboy on the last tour raise hope.

Royal Blood - Seen twice, supporting Foos at MK they were fantastic, at Reading 2015 they were average - hoping for good stuff from the new material.

Alt-J - Latitude 2015, pretty poor and very little stage presence whatsoever. Intrigued by what their new album brings but very unlikely to see them at Glasto.

Run The Jewels - Never usually my thing, but they tore the NME tent a new one at Reading. 

Father John Misty - 4pm set at Latitude last year, was relatively unknown to his work but dragged along by a friend - ended up having one of the best hours of the weekend.

London Grammar - Can't get enough of Hannah's voice, the new stuff is dreamy too. Hoping personally for a sunset slot outdoors, to chill with a cider in hand.

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - They're absolutely mad, and really, really good.

Ones that I haven't yet seen but absolutely can't wait to see are Radiohead, Lorde, Solange, Anderson Paak, Halsey, Future Islands, Ride, The Cinematic Orchestra.

All in all, for a first ever Glastonbury, the excitement is unbearable!

I've already seen quite a few of the acts announced at previous Glastonburies. What they've released so far looks a bit like a "best of" of the last 3 or 4 Glastos. It's cool, because I can see the ones I really liked again and also get the chance to see the ones i didn't see in previous years. Sorted.

12 hours ago, John the Moth said:

The National - disappointing at Reading 2011, zero stage presence. Although the fans over on the band thread assure me that was a blip and that they've improved that side of things. Really enjoyed catching up with them on record so might give them another go.

I'm glad I'm not the only one as I saw them at Leeds that same year and wasn't feeling it at all tbh 

Lot of love on here but not sure about them myself 

Not too many really.

Radiohead - four times now, two fantastic performances, one average and the fourth was rubbish (was the ill-fated Park performance 2011)

The XX - was an atmospheric show back in 2010. Would def see them again if nothing better clashes

Justice - was in a tent at Reading. Good finish to the night, would see again def

Haim - bit of a let down really. Saw them at Glasto but they remind me of three piece rock group of Sheryl Crow. Would see if there's literally nothing else on

Metronomy - saw them early in 2011. They were second on the Pyramid and the first band I saw that day - were a really great way to start the day and put me in a great mood. Would see them again def see again

Dizzee Rascal - you know it'll be a fun vibe at his festival gigs and I've seen him through waiting or purpose a few times now but always a laugh, esp in the sun with a pint

Annie Mac - she plays some good tunes, but wouldn't go out of my way to see her really. If you're close by and she's on it's worth it

DJ Shadow - seen him DJ before in London - awesome DJ and he has some cracking tunes to go along with his mixes

Kaiser Chiefs - who the fuck hasn't seen them at a festival? They're like gum on the bottom of your converse that you can't get rid of. Good laugh but only if they're literally in front of you and there's no effort to see them

Moderat - Good atmosphere and music, but sometimes I feel like their songs are about to kick off big time and then fizzle out or just repeat. Shame really but I'd see them again anyway if they didn't clash

16 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Chic x4

Major Lazer x2

BBK x1

The Jacksons x1

Emili Sande x1

Justice x1

Dizzee x2

Boys Noize x2

Kurupt FM x1

Daft Punk x1 Obvs not there but the gig of my life

I'm still holding hope for a surprise daft punk appearance this year. It's all I want. 

42 minutes ago, Jasonbee said:

I like him, I'm telling readers of the post they should see him regardless of liking him or not because he is good

That makes no sense. If you're advising someone who has no opinion on Ed to go and see him that's one thing, but saying people should go and see an act they hate simply because you like them is silly.

You've not even gone to the effort to justify it. You could build a convincing case to go and see - for example - Coldplay even if they don't appeal on record, because they seem to have the ability to really create a great atmosphere in a large live setting. But you've just said "he is good".

Well I'm going to advise that you don't go and see Ed Sheeran because I don't like him. He's rubbish.

Foo Fighters- perfectly fine, don't live up to the hype though 

The National- beautiful and lovely, v good

Royal Blood- fantastic 

alt-J - if you like them already you'll like them, if you're indifferent to them already you'll be indifferent to them 

Justice- fantastic 

Dizzee Rascal- a bit meh to be honest

Metronomy- always a great show

Kaiser Chiefs- shouty and boring

13 for me

Radiohead - Many times . Always quality

XX 

The National

Biffy Clyro

Royal Blood

Alt J

First Aid Kit

Dizze Rascal

Warpaint

The Courteeners

Ride - Many times , 1st in 1990 when I was 16

Kaiser Chiefs

British Sea Power

Also passed by while Ed Sheeran and Laura Marling have been playing at festivals but didn't include as not sure that counts , they obviously didn't do enough to make me stay and watch .

Couldn't keep a proper count bocos of hangover but it's somewhere in the small 30s, bloody sad bastard that I am (mind you that is counting a few half-sets in there, and cats like Joe Goddard and Thundercat who I saw playing as part of other acts).

The best; Metronomy, The National, DJ Shadow, Father John Misty, Warpaint, Justice. Out of the ones I've seen before, Solange will be the most different to the last time I saw her, the new album was a complete game-changer for her, so she's a priority. Conversely, Father John Misty has turned me right off with his new album, but I did see my fill of no fewer than four full I Love You Honeybear shows. Run The Jewels are high on the list to see, because I had to scoot about 4 songs in, so we've got unfinished business. I don't reckon I'll catch Metronomy unless it's a wide open and clash free; they are one of the peachiest and most consistent live bands you can hope to see, but this coming May will mark what I think is my 9th time seeing them. Warpaint have been ruled out by a Jackson 5 clash. DJ Shadow and Justice would both be nice, But I could see them both headlining stages, when there'll be others to turn my head. Radiohead were decent last time I saw them, I'm not a massive fan, but I do somewhat hope clashes let me see them, although I won't lose any sleep if I'm watching RTJ on WH that Friday night. If The National are indeed the Sunday Other headliner, then we've got ourselves an Observer readers party, akin to the amazing scenes at Latitude last year, but the crowd was such a massive part of what made that gig great that I won't be going if they're playing to a partisan Pyramid field.

The worst; Dizzee Rascal, Haim, Clean Bandit. Dizzee Rascal's absolute turd of a sub slot in 2013 is well documented, mine own eyes and ears were quite regrettably present for the last 20 minutes or so, it was not a happy time. Thrice have I been a victim of Haim's shouting of inane nonsense catchphrases, punctuated by repetitive soft rock pastiches and forced kookiness. My all-time Glastonbury low point is probably the Friday of 2014, sat in the squalid Other stage longdrops, assailed on three fronts by a very spicy burrito turd making good its exit from my arse, the driving rain, and Haim enthusiastically murdering Beyonce's XO. Clean Bandit were just boring nothing bad about them, but it wound me up no end that the kids in the crowd were having a whale of a time to something that I couldn't find the will to dance to no matter how much rum I necked. They promised grooves and brought none.

Looking forward to my first times watching The Avalances, The Jackson 5, The Can Project, and Anderson .Paak.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Radiohead - Class, not their biggest fan by any stretch but a great live experience 10/10

Foo Fighters - 3x - With the right setlist a 9/10 - last time I saw them it was weak on the first two albums a bit didisappointing

Future Islands - 3x - Glorious 10/10

The Moonlandingz 4x - They get better each time - fantastic live band 10/10

Biffy Clyro - Saw them about 4 times between Puzzle and Opposite, less enjoyable as their output quality declines, not that arsed to see again 6/10

Alt J - Twice, unfortunately. Proficient but borrrrrrring 4/10

Major Lazer - saw at a festival, really not my thing, they mix in a lot of early 00's Dancehall/Sean Paul dirge,  will avoid 3.10

Warpaint - 3x - first time really disappointing at Field Day, brilliant the other times 7/10

Haim - Great on the Park in 2013, will hope to catch again 8/10

Mark Lanegan 2x - Captivating and beautiful. Park stage will be perfect 9/10

Chic - Great fun 8/10

Temples 2x - solid live, nothing spectacular 7/10

Blossoms - A weaker Temples - 6/10

Kaiser Chiefs - 2x - Was fun the first time for nostalgic purposes, secret set in 2014 was dreadful. 5/10

Metronomy 2x - very fun 8/10

Moderat - Very good live, great light show - 8/10

Sleaford Mods - 2x - Great live, a lot of energy, though not an act worth seeing countless times 8/10

Dizzee Rascal - more entertaining than expected 6/10

Royal Blood - need more tunes but a great live band -9/10

George Ezra - caught him at Glasto a few years ago. Has a great voice but his music is a bit too bland. 6/10

Really excited for Thundercat, Barry Gibb and The CAN Project of the remainder of the line up. Overall really happy with it

Radiohead - Reading 2009? - looked lovely but I don't know enough Radiohead so got bored as it was a long set

Foo Fighters - Reading 2006 & 2012 - yeah good

The XX - got bored when I saw them at Bestival, left for drum & bass

Biffy - secret set at Glasto, missed them at Soni, excellent at Reading not so great at Leeds last year

Royal Blood - Glastonbury 2013 - bit wet & the JP tent was rammed but it was loud & in your face, wish I'd known more songs off their yet to be released album, went due to recommendations from efestivals

Stormzy - Bestival - tent was rammed at Bestival, only saw a few songs & moved on, went to see what the hype was about (I got the wrong tent for DJ Zinc)

Chic - Glasto & Bestival - funcky good fun

Major Lazer - so much fun during a sunset set on main stage at Bestival, great sub warm up act, being drunk is advised to enjoy, saw lots of breasts

Alt-J - bored watching them headline outside NME tent at Reading, enjoyed their set in the sun at Glasto before Chems

BBK - only caught the Wiley "hits" at Leeds, seemed a bit of a mess

The Jacksons - was quite drunk at Bestival but thought they weren't firing on all cylinders

Phoenix - cannot remember their set at all & if I actually saw them or not

The Flaming Lips - absolutely f**king excellent at Glasto Other stage headliners, amazing stage show & sounded epic despite being dragged their by my old uni housemate as Gorillaz looked rubbish

Dizzee Rascal - many times including Glasto, BBL & Reading, just a lot of fun, especially with a live band at Glasto 2010

Annie Mac - boring

George Ezra - was too drunk to remember much of his Glasto set a couple of years ago but Budapest was mint

Kaiser Chiefs - Reading & Winter Wonderland, I like them live, I'll leave it at that

Sasha (& Digweed) - Sasha at Glasto 2010 (my first) will forever live as one of the best moment of my life for a number of reasons, great times

Noisia - Hospitality, just very very naughty

1 hour ago, ian the worm said:

Its Ezra Furman.

Always get them two muddled up.

Me too. Unfortunately the (far) superior act of the two was last year. I'd hate to get the two mixed up at the actual festival, since Ezra Furman would probably get me to walk across the site to see him play and George Ezra would get me to do the same to avoid him.

Ed Sheeran: Glastonbury 2014 - he was an enjoyable start to probably my favourite night at a festival.

The xx: I saw them briefly at the park one year (2010?). I remember enjoying it, but unfortunately we left for reasons I can't remember.

Haim: Glastonbury (2013/14?) - I don't know much of their music but was there because friends liked them. They were alright.

Dizzee Rascal: Pilton Party 2009 - my first concert with friends. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but then again I like his music and was probably just so happy that I was out partying without my parents around.

Kaiser Cheifs (shock) - They were on the other one year (2011?) and I really don't remember much apart from my friend tried her first ever pie. They must've been pretty dull for that to be the stand out memory. Odd, because I actually quite like their music.

Only seen 7 of them;

Foo Fighters x2; They were really good but I imagine they'll be more of the same at Glastonbury this year so i'm not that bothered. The Mrs on the other hand is a big fan....

Biffy Clyro x2; Very solid

Royal Blood x2; both times not knowing any of their songs but still enjoyed so will be very tempted now I know their album pretty well.

The Flaming Lips x1; Saw them at Victorious in Portsmouth. They were ok, but personally found them a bit dull 

Dizzee Rascal x1; cheap thrills

Warpaint x1; Excellent on the Park Stage in 2011

Kaiser Chiefs; Average

I also saw Skepta support Massive Attack back in September - he's part of Boy Better Know so does that count as 7.5??

Enjoyed:

Radiohead
Foo Fighters
The XX
The National
Run The Jewels
Laura Marling
Phoenix
Father John Misty
Warpaint
Metronomy
Kate Tempest
Future Islands
Glass Animals
Courteeners (St. Jude era was fun)
Ride
Little Dragon
Wild Beasts
Circa Waves
British Sea Power
Temples

Didn't enjoy:

Biffy Clyro
Royal Blood
Alt-J
HAIM
Dizzee Rascal
Annie Mac
Kaiser Chiefs
The Avalanches (didn't seem prepared, expecting more at Glastonbury)

Radiohead - Reading and Roundhouse

Foo Fighters - IOW and Milton Keynes Bowl

xx - Bestival

Biffy - approx 12 times, including a lot at Reading, once at IOW and their own shows

Barry Gibb - does Coldplay last year count?

Royal Blood - JP tent and at own gig locally

Chic - WH and Bestival

Major Lazer - Bestival

Alt J - Glastonbury twice I think?

Phoenix - Glastonbury twice and the iTunes festival

Justice - Bestival

Haim - OS

Flaming Lips - Bestival

Dizzee - Pyramid and Reading

Annie Mac - Bestival

Goldfrapp - Reading

George Ezra - Pyramid and own gig locally

Kaiser Cheifs - Reading a couple of times and Other Stage a couple of times

Circa Waves - own local gig

British Sea Power - Reading, Victorious, Southsea fest and own local gig

Mark Lanegan - with Josh Homme at the 'solo acoustic' (it was neither) thing he did at the south bank

Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes - own local gig

I make that a total of 22. None were so bad that I'd avoid them (I think even Kaisers are good at what they do which) and about half I will fully intend to see again at the festival. 

Radiohead - Whenever they last played when I was a child back in 2003 I think?  Was bored then, and so begun the saga of my Dad being disappointed in me for not liking Radiohead

Foo Fighters - Saw them at Reading in 2012, thought they went on for too long.  On the plus side I made out with an older woman.

Biffy Clyro - Heard them many times, never actually clapped eyes on them.

Run the Jewels - Back in 2015.  Smoked a weirdly shaped joint after abandoning my then girlfriend to see the soon to be corpse that was Lemmy.

Father John Misty - Like 3 times now?  Small venue in Norwich, the Park Stage and then Colston Hall in Bristol.  Will probably see him for the 4th time.

Songhoy Blues - Last time they did Glastonbury. Met their singer afterwards and had a stilted French conversation with him.  Nice guy.