Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d have thought it more likely they not play at all given they pinpointed their last Glastonbury set as a big factor in them breaking up (albeit because they were largely playing to a bunch of Beyoncé fans). 

Hard one to place if they did end up playing though but I suppose JP seems the best fit for them, although I think it would be silly busy. 

Seems a perfect dancey option on either Holts or JP against Taylor on the Pyramid and some sort of band on the Other.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d have thought it more likely they not play at all given they pinpointed their last Glastonbury set as a big factor in them breaking up (albeit because they were largely playing to a bunch of Beyoncé fans).

Was there, like many others waiting for Beyoncé.

Weird gig in my opinion, came over as a rock act, not a dance act, although maybe that's what they are.

22 hours ago, gfa said:

Without a doubt, probably next week too. Monday and Tuesday next week (like 8 days) are going to be completely plastered with queen stuff. I wouldn't expect any major tours till the last week of september (unless they are risk free dates sales wise)

Suede and Easy Life announcing dates means that theory is in the bin then as I legit thought this weekend might be a full blackout of big UK tour announcements.

Though maybe next week will pose a different question.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Suede and Easy Life announcing dates means that theory is in the bin then as I legit thought this weekend might be a full blackout of big UK tour announcements.

Though maybe next week will pose a different question.

Yeah - at work we've had a policy directive that all (unrelated) public announcements should be postponed until after the funeral, so I figured there might be something similar at play elsewhere. But today has definitely shown that's not the case. I've swung back to thinking we'll hear this week sometime.

1 hour ago, incident said:

May be an image of ‎2 people and ‎text that says "‎در suede PERFORMING CLASSICS, HITS AND TRACKS FROM NEW ALBUM AUTOFICTION MARCH2023 UK TOUR Fri 03 BATH Forum Wed 15 YORK Barbican Sat 04 NORWICHUEA Fri 17 NEWCASTLE 2City Hall Mon LIVERPOOL 20 Dome 21 BIRMINGHAM Symphony Hall Wed 22 Davids Hall Fri 24 SOUTHAMPTONO2 Guildhll Sat 25 LONDON 02 Academy Brixton Thu 09 Fri 10 Sat 11 Mon 13 Tue 14 Corn Exchange MANCHESTER Albert NOTTINGHAM Rock City SHEFFIELD 2.y ABERDEEN Music GLASGOW 02 Academy HENEWALBUM AUTOFICTION OUT16SEPTEMBER‎"‎‎

They were ace when I saw them in Manchester a couple of years ago so that Liverpool date (and on a Saturday, too) is very tempting. 

Wish there was a way I could know how much Dog Man Star they were gonna play as, despite liking all of their stuff, that album is an all timer for me so a lot of it being played would make this an easy instant buy.

9 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

C90682D0-7511-4B6A-9516-03AA960D533C.jpeg

D9E891C7-CB00-40D6-9A1E-A325069D78EA.jpeg

I actually thought this might be longer. No Spain show is a surprise (even if they've just played 4 festivals there in Madrid, Vigo, Malaga and Mallorca), ditto nothing in Scandinavia or east of Austria. Though the fact a ticketing site leaked they're playing Hurricane/Southside Festivals in Germany and Werchter in Belgium and the amount of gaps in-between some shows hints that maybe there'll be some festivals in the Muse schedule.

5 hours ago, ilovelanegan said:

GSH...? 👀

I mean they did 3 nights in a row this year with Firenze, Lisbon and Isle of Wight but the middle was a back-up after Foo Fighters cancelled. By their own choice, I'd doubt they'll do a Glasgow-Glastonbury-Milton Keynes 3 gigs in 3 days run.

Royal Blood on the Friday or Saturday feels very likely though.

15 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah - at work we've had a policy directive that all (unrelated) public announcements should be postponed until after the funeral, so I figured there might be something similar at play elsewhere. But today has definitely shown that's not the case. I've swung back to thinking we'll hear this week sometime.

I guess it depends on the scale or if we're expecting anyone to be announcing a stadium run this week.

Certainly there's going to be various people taking various attitudes to how to do things this week. Your example ofc being one of them.

31 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I actually thought this might be longer. No Spain show is a surprise (even if they've just played 4 festivals there in Madrid, Vigo, Malaga and Mallorca), ditto nothing in Scandinavia or east of Austria. Though the fact a ticketing site leaked they're playing Hurricane/Southside Festivals in Germany and Werchter in Belgium and the amount of gaps in-between some shows hints that maybe there'll be some festivals in the Muse schedule.

I mean they did 3 nights in a row this year with Firenze, Lisbon and Isle of Wight but the middle was a back-up after Foo Fighters cancelled. By their own choice, I'd doubt they'll do a Glasgow-Glastonbury-Milton Keynes 3 gigs in 3 days run.

Royal Blood on the Friday or Saturday feels very likely though.

Yeah fair point, I guess you'd need lots of stamina for 3 consecutive nights. Agree Royal Blood look highly likely with them missing that Glasgow date.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They were ace when I saw them in Manchester a couple of years ago so that Liverpool date (and on a Saturday, too) is very tempting. 

Wish there was a way I could know how much Dog Man Star they were gonna play as, despite liking all of their stuff, that album is an all timer for me so a lot of it being played would make this an easy instant buy.

Yep Liverpool for us, despite the Albert Hall being 20 mins away. 

21 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Hard one to place if they did end up playing though but I suppose JP seems the best fit for them, although I think it would be silly busy. 

The other sub in 2009 was an amazing gig , loved every minute of it .

https://pitchfork.com/news/big-thief-announce-2023-tour/?mbid=social_twitter&utm_brand=p4k&utm_social-type=owned&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Another Big Thief tour, amazing band, definitely recommend seeing them:

04-05 Gateshead, England - Sage Gateshead
04-06 Edinburgh, Scotland - Usher Hall
04-07 Manchester, England - O2 Apollo Manchester
04-08 Cardiff, Wales - Great Hall
04-11 London, England - O2 Academy Brixton
04-12 London, England - Eventim Hammersmith Apollo

Edited by scatteredscreens
  • Like 1