Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

22 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

We reckon she'll tour her own in earnest?

Got to assume arenas, then if the new record goes stratospheric, a stadium run in 2025.

I would say a run at some smaller stadiums next year. Then if it really takes off then the big stadiums the following year.

could possibly be just arenas and a date at bst. 

I wonder if the plan was for Glastonbury to announce Dua shortly after the original T day and all these other festivals would have followed in behind… the Dua announcement won’t have quite the same impact now we know she’s playing a dozen euro festivals and is Lock of the Decade

5 hours ago, Drinky said:

I wonder if the plan was for Glastonbury to announce Dua shortly after the original T day and all these other festivals would have followed in behind… the Dua announcement won’t have quite the same impact now we know she’s playing a dozen euro festivals and is Lock of the Decade

It still wouldnt have mattered because she will be hitting up the circuit regardless. 

22 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I would say a run at some smaller stadiums next year. Then if it really takes off then the big stadiums the following year.

could possibly be just arenas and a date at bst. 

I would be expecting a BST to go with Glastonbury to be fair, were it not for the fact the chatter around here seems to be Madonna will also be doing it.

Two headliners both at BST in the same year? I'm not sure if that's happened before.

14 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Houdini only at number 3 in the midweek charts behind Jack Harlow at number 1 and The Beatles at number 2 feels weird

The Beatles still being that high up in the charts feels weird.

It's the curse of Tame Impala. See also Lady Gaga's Perfect Illusion for a lead single that unexpectedly underperformed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, northernangel said:

It's fair to say Houdini is definitely not in the most Spotify streams of Dua Lipa, it's also just not very good and quickly boring.

Yeah doesn’t seem to have made the splash I’m sure she/her label were hoping for and dropped off pretty quickly. Here’s hoping single #2 fairs a bit better. I doubt she’s on track for a flop album but Houdini didn’t get things off to the best start.