All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Jamie xx and Kano are co-headlining the Saturday night.

Also playing are Tom Misch, Slowthai, Little Simz and Arlo Parks, Nubya Garcia, Pa Salieu, Romy, Haai and Fred Again.

Piss poor so far...

That's a great line up, some fantastic artists on there. 

From Tame Impala, Massive Attack, Beck, Kraftwerk, Thom Yorke, The Strokes, Chemical Brothers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nick Cave, The National...

...to these low key names. 

Massively disappointing. Little Simz and Nubya Garcia are good at least but there's some dross in there.

Just now, xxialac said:

From Tame Impala, Massive Attack, Beck, Kraftwerk, Thom Yorke, The Strokes, Chemical Brothers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nick Cave, The National...

...to these low key names. 

Massively disappointing. Little Simz and Nubya Garcia are good at least but there's some dross in there.

I mean, the Pandemic has obviously screwed over the artist pool, I'm pretty sure all of those acts are UK based. Like I've said regarding other fests, I cant see many international acts appearing at some of these fests this year. 

1 minute ago, scattered_screens said:

It's definitely good as a package of acts, just no stand out acts for me. But APE are continuing to show that they know how to curate a day around a genre/scene. Happy to see little simz on there, hopefully means she's at Eotr still. 

Which is great if you want to go for a day. If you want to go for all three, you surely want variety throughout?

1 minute ago, bluenova said:

Which is great if you want to go for a day. If you want to go for all three, you surely want variety throughout?

Look at previous years, they normally curate different days around a genre/scene. Hopefully that'll continue this year, can see a landfill indie day taking up one like last year was supposed to happen for sure unfortunately. 

Just now, scattered_screens said:

Look at previous years, they normally curate different days around a genre/scene. Hopefully that'll continue this year, can see a landfill indie day taking up one like last year was supposed to happen for sure unfortunately. 

I can't see any day in the past that has been like this.

Tickets are £73, according to Dice. Completely taken aback by that price, thought we would probably get a cheaper ticket for that line-up (I love the line-up personally. really consistent batch. just no major 40,000-festival headliner in there)

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Where are:

Caribou, Kelly Lee Owens, Massive Attack, Nils Frahm, Young Fathers, Neneh Cherry, Kraftwerk, Jonnny Marr, Anna Calvi etc etc

Plenty of European talent appears to have fallen away to be replaced by stuff that is trendy but IMO frankly nowhere near as good.

Cheer up mate, christ. There's still two days to be announced and there's a pandemic on. I'd be very surprised if we get more than one or two non-UK artists. Just enjoy actually having an event we could possibly go to.

• Upvote 1

Just now, finn_with_1_n said:

Tickets are £73, according to Dice. Completely taken aback by that price, thought we would probably get a cheaper ticket for that line-up (I love the line-up personally. really consistent batch. just no major 40,000-festival headliner in there)

It that's true that is STEEP

Just now, Sean1234321 said:

My word some of you are harsh...just be glad to get any sort of event this year.

It has a very powerful promoter behind in in the form of AEG and there are plenty of strong UK and European artists.

Didn't expect the US names but there's a fantastic music scene in Europe and plenty of bands desperate for a payday.

And tickets are £73.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

It has a very powerful promoter behind in in the form of AEG and there are plenty of strong UK and European artists.

Didn't expect the US names but there's a fantastic music scene in Europe and plenty of bands desperate for a payday.

And tickets are £73.

Here's an idea...don't buy one then.