2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Because she’s twice the size of Wolf Alice and as much as we care more about how interesting/good a booking is, Glasto is a business with customers that buy tickets expecting headline sized bands.

yeah I completely get that Florence is way bigger, but my point still stands - they would be really scraping the barrel if Florence was to headline this year, and in that situation surely better to take the opportunity to give someone a bump up.

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Is he back from his efests hiatus yet? I hope he comes back soon, we'll really be struggling for inside info on the music industry and Taylor Swift's mind without him.

Not headlining for the next 5 years as she is getting married I think.

I'm not totally convinced on any argument for headliners at the moment, but if this was Million Pound Drop, I'd be putting the larger sum of money on Kendrick and Macca at the moment purely for the fact that it has the most reliable sources saying that's where we're at.

If I was betting, I would guess that they're both still yet to sign ink. I think everything is currently pencilled in.

Florence seems like a stretch for me. I think biffy clyro would be more likely especially with them playing the day before in Edinburgh and being very open about waiting for the call.
I’d be happy with billie, Harry and macca/stones though. 

8 minutes ago, Mwk525 said:

Florence seems like a stretch for me. I think biffy clyro would be more likely especially with them playing the day before in Edinburgh and being very open about waiting for the call.
I’d be happy with billie, Harry and macca/stones though. 

Biffy already headlining Download ain’t they? Part of the Flo shout is surely that she’s not currently at any UK fests. Could end up at Latitude, though.

8 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Biffy already headlining Download ain’t they? Part of the Flo shout is surely that she’s not currently at any UK fests. Could end up at Latitude, though.

Hang on, so we’re ruling Kendrick out as he’s not at any other fests, but ruling Flo in as she’s not at any other fests?

This places moves fast. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mike46 said:

Hang on, so we’re ruling Kendrick out as he’s not at any other fests, but ruling Flo in as she’s not at any other fests?

This places moves fast. 

She is doing festivals, just none in the UK. Unlike Kendrick who is currently doing nada except for a 90 second slot at the superbowl this weekend 

1 minute ago, mike46 said:

This places moves fast. 

We’re ruling Kendrick out as he has no dates in the entire world, and isn’t active whatsoever, including not being on the lineup of any of the fests he was announced for in 2021 (which you’d expect him to play if he’s coming to Europe for Glastonbury).

Florence is active, playing festivals in Europe around Glastonbury, without currently being on the lineup of any UK fests, which would potentially rule an act out of headlining Glasto, if they were on an exclusive.

I've never been overly fussed about the headliners as I am old and out of touch anyway these days. I do usually like to have 1 I'm interested in and Macca was a massive booking in that regard. Genuinely bemused at talk of florence/ Harry fucking styles/ wolf Alice. Paul McCartney to Harry styles would just be borderline cruel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, circus92 said:

Genuinely bemused at Florence continually popping up as a headliner prediction - surely that would be an incredibly uninspiring booking?   I mean, as much as I completely get why people are pouring cold water on the idea of Wolf Alice headlining, they would still be a far better and more relevant booking than Florence in 2022

Its genuinely only 1 - 2 (might be the same person?) people saying its Florence and the only reason is because 'Kendrick isn't touring' and 'They're bigger than Wolf Alice' 

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

We’re ruling Kendrick out as he has no dates in the entire world, and isn’t active whatsoever, including not being on the lineup of any of the fests he was announced for in 2021 (which you’d expect him to play if he’s coming to Europe for Glastonbury).

Florence is active, playing festivals in Europe around Glastonbury, without currently being on the lineup of any UK fests, which would potentially rule an act out of headlining Glasto, if they were on an exclusive.

Pretty sure you're the only one really ruling Kendrick out.

If he announces nothing the week or so after the Super Bowl (single, album, tour, anything) then I would say yes he's out. 

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

20 days till the payment window opens so the poster hopefully will be pretty soon too. 

Then we can move onto tracking every acts website to find out what day they play or worrying about clashes! Exciting hey

And then we're into Map release, followed by weekly stage anouncements across all the smaller areas/late night areas and a nice reveal of what they've been doing with Pangea.