2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Such a weird day. I was told around 5.30am, and then outside the tent you could just hear people expressing dismay as they found out. I am so glad I was at Glastonbury that year (mud and all) as the festival allowed us to escape the national post mortem. I needed those precious days to process the result and be reminded of the joy that is the collective Glastonbury spirit to restore my faith in humanity.

Exactly... I don't think there was a better place to be receiving that shitty news.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

james ... I shed a tear at this 

That's it! I'd never have picked it was James from memory 😂 They were the secret act at midday weren't they, walking down to see them was such a strange feeling.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

That's it! I'd never have picked it was James from memory 😂 They were the secret act at midday weren't they, walking down to see them was such a strange feeling.

They were announced. They've stopped leaving the opener as a secret spot now.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

they came on late because they were sorting mud issues around the front of the stage the area was fenced off .... 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

They were announced. They've stopped leaving the opener as a secret spot now.

My bad, I thought it was still going at that point.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

they came on late because they were sorting mud issues around the front of the stage the area was fenced off .... 

I have a vague memory of the front being horrid for mud.

Can we switch to 2017?

There was a really weird moment in 2017 where I was walking down from the park towards pyramid / other stage way (that downhill path if you know the one nearish stone circle) and I had a moment where I was pretty taken back at how many people were on site.

It really felt like 200k odd people were on site that day. Huge huge huge numbers of people.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can we switch to 2017?

There was a really weird moment in 2017 where I was walking down from the park towards pyramid / other stage way (that downhill path if you know the one nearish stone circle) and I had a moment where I was pretty taken back at how many people were on site.

It really felt like 200k odd people were on site that day. Huge huge huge numbers of people.

Possibly post the giant CND sign? I remember this areas being rammo when i left the stone circle.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I know where you're coming from here. Out of the 5 I've been to ('14 onwards), 2017 definitely felt the busiest somehow, even if the actual number of people on site was the same.

That Friday, I didnt even know about Brexit til I got to the Other Stage. "Oh" was my response.

I'll deal with it on Monday. 

James, Dakkhabrakha, ZZ Top, Rosin Murphy, Underworld... A chewbacca impersonating contest... Carl Cox.

Absolutely smashed, laughed my arse off, fell over, laughed more, watched people get stuck in mud, got myself stuck, laughed til I was sick on shrooms.

Honestly - my favourite ever day.

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

james ... I shed a tear at this 

Yes, remember that so well, I think the comment from the band was Fuck em . Michael Eavis arrived in his Land Rover to supervise the spreading of more straw and wood chips at the front of the stage which delayed the start. He watched the band from the side.  Made us forget about the mud and that vote and realise we were mostly all of the same mind. We enjoyed 2016 just as much as any other year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Or @vintagelaureate where he had ofsted turn up as he was about to leave for the festival 

Ah the great festival of 2019, when I arrived on site just as Tame Impala finished on The Other!

Nothing better than simultaneously getting a text from a friend saying your tent is set up, whilst you pick up the phone to Ofsted. 😥

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What a party it is when it does …  this year it will be on the Thurs … probably the best day for it 🙂 

We were talking about possibly doing a party of sorts somewhere on site with the big group of us, but didn't feel right to do that. Just made sure we all got to Kylie together and that was enough 

7 hours ago, Smeble said:

It was ok on the vehicles because it was so stationary that the engine was off more than it was on, the guys in front of us had a BBQ on the go and would just move it up the verge as the traffic moved, I seem to remember my wife cooking up sausage chips and beans for us, we also had a few people use our toilet facilities.

I spent 20 mins on one of those kicker ramps of 15% or so. Handbrake wouldn't hold it. Had to keep it running on the bite! Dude came up behind me and kicked off. 

"DOYOUTHINKIWANTTOBEBURNINGTHESHITOUTOFMYCLUTCHMATE???? NOW LET ME CONCENTRATE OR I'LL BE ROLLING BACK INTO YOUR LOVELY T5"