2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I want fireworks to go off during Live and Let Die, the one from the Glasto 2004 video looks great. Hope he tailors the setlist to Glastonbury well, recent ones haven't been looking as good. A proper greatest hits would result in an all time headline set.

Yup, that to end the main set would be fantastic. Also agree that the most recent (2019) set lists don't hit amazingly into the festival vibe. The fact that some of them are missing Yesterday/Penny Lane is insane to me

Yeah the 2019 setlists are poor. What a load of shite! 

A Hard Day's Night   

Can't Buy Me Love  

Got to Get You Into My Life  

Let Me Roll It  

I've Got a Feeling  

Let 'Em In  

Maybe I'm Amazed

I've Just Seen a Face  

In Spite of All the Danger  

From Me to You  

Love Me Do  

Blackbird  

Here Today

Lady Madonna  

Eleanor Rigby  

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!  

Something  

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da  

Band on the Run  

Back in the U.S.S.R.  

Let It Be  

Live and Let Die  

Hey Jude  

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 

Helter Skelter  

Golden Slumbers  

Carry That Weight  

The End  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

A Hard Day's Night   

Can't Buy Me Love  

Let Me Roll It  

I've Got a Feeling  

Let 'Em In  

Maybe I'm Amazed

I've Just Seen a Face  

From Me to You  

Love Me Do  

Blackbird  

Here Today

Lady Madonna  

Eleanor Rigby  

Something  

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da  

Band on the Run  

Back in the U.S.S.R.  

Let It Be  

Live and Let Die  

Hey Jude  

Helter Skelter  

Golden Slumbers  

Carry That Weight  

The End  

Everything a Glastonbury headliner should be. A mass singalong with 100,000 of my mates. 

A setlist like that makes me think if I never got another Glastonbury ticket ever again after being there for this, I'd be ok with it

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Take out Benefit for Mr Kite and Got to get you into my life, for Yesterday and A Day in The Life and I stick. 

Having seen him play in 2017, Mr Kite was one of the best songs of the night. Especially when the trippy breakdown bit drops.

Also Yesterday? Really?

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Everything a Glastonbury headliner should be. A mass singalong with 100,000 of my mates. 

A setlist like that makes me think if I never got another Glastonbury ticket ever again after being there for this, I'd be ok with it

Yep remember saying that after 04. And although his voice is understandably weaker now, the show and band and far better.

Edited by The Nal

Just now, The Nal said:

Having seen him play in 2017, Mr Kite was one of the best songs of the night. Especially when the trippy breakdown bit drops.

Also Yesterday? Really?

Yup. Really, has sentimental meaning and to hear it played live by the man himself on my favourite stage would be a moment. 

I imagine he'll be adding Get Back into the setlist with the documentary being as popular as it was. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Yup. Really, has sentimental meaning and to hear it played live by the man himself on my favourite stage would be a moment. 

I imagine he'll be adding Get Back into the setlist with the documentary being as popular as it was. 

I'd actually strap in for a few things like Two Of Us and maybe I've Got A Feeling.

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

A Hard Day's Night   

Can't Buy Me Love  

Let Me Roll It  

I've Got a Feeling  

Let 'Em In  

Maybe I'm Amazed

I've Just Seen a Face  

From Me to You  

Love Me Do  

Blackbird  

Here Today

Lady Madonna  

Eleanor Rigby  

Something  

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da  

Band on the Run  

Back in the U.S.S.R.  

Let It Be  

Live and Let Die  

Hey Jude  

Helter Skelter  

Golden Slumbers  

Carry That Weight  

The End  

He does "Something" on the Ukulele which is class.

So excited to be seeing Macca

Edited by Clubber Lang
Grammar

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

I can also recommend that if your really not interested in a headliner, even if other people are saying it will be a cultural moment, an all time great set etc, don't bother going. We chose Jon Hopkins over Stormzy, partially so we could head to the SE corner early, and had a little bit of FOMO at the time (partially because it was our first Glasto headliner) even though I wasn't a big fan of his music, which was then elevated after hearing how much people enjoyed his set. But last year, I caught Stormzy's set at Leeds and it confirmed that a) I'm still not into his music, and b) The time I had at Jon Hopkins was way better than the time I probably would have at Stormzy. So moral of the story is, try and get into a headliners music, as a great pyramid headline set from an act you love is better than anything else. But if it's just not clicking, don't try and force it, even if everyone else thinks it's going to be great.

Similar here, also skipped stormzy but I'd knackered my leg by this point so couldn't physically walk over to the pyramid. 

Saw Michael Kiwanuka and then explored all of the park stage, even making it into the Rabbit Hole, and then also I vaguely remember being up in a tree? 

We badly timed our exit from the field though just as the pyramid crowd hit, so we turned back and had churros until it calmed down.