LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

10 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

What’s the deal, would it actually (presuming nobody sensible steps in) actually impact the festival?

I think it would in the sense that a big memorial type event would occur at the festival and quite a lot of people would be sad and maybe express that in the way they dress and behave, but I doubt that the actual festival itself would get called off. I wonder what the royalist/republican ratio of everyone at the festival is? I'd expect fewer royalists overall.

7 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

What’s the deal, would it actually (presuming nobody sensible steps in) actually impact the festival?

There’s a 10 day operation involving military, police and broadcasters which will run from announcement to investiture of the new monarch. Pretty much nothing resembling normal life will be going on during that period. TV have their scheduled already pre recorded and on standby, Police and military will be organising local events.

Obviously the BBC will have their priorities which will have a big change on the ground and some artists may even cancel if they’re not getting the exposure they want although that wouldn’t be the reason they give. 

If it happens during the build then things may get a little rushed in order to get things finished and festival should still go ahead although there will be a lot of tutting going on.

If it happened during the festival itself then stopping the festival would be an absolute logistical nightmare. Better to keep people where they are instead of trying to get everyone off the farm. Some of the planned music and schedule will probably change but it wouldn’t stop the festival. 

So the only time it would seriously affect  Glastonbury is if it happens in the two weeks before the gates open. 

7 minutes ago, jefwefwef said:

I think it would in the sense that a big memorial type event would occur at the festival and quite a lot of people would be sad and maybe express that in the way they dress and behave, but I doubt that the actual festival itself would get called off. I wonder what the royalist/republican ratio of everyone at the festival is? I'd expect fewer royalists overall.

I’d suggest hugely weighted in favour of republicans. However lots of people I know who are pro-abolition of the royals are specifically pro-abolition after the Queen died, as they love her.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MaxPower said:

I’d suggest hugely weighted in favour of republicans. However lots of people I know who are pro-abolition of the royals are specifically pro-abolition after the Queen died, as they love her.

Yeah I think that's fair. She's not got long left anyway, might as well get the free bank holiday(s) and THEN have parliament bin off Charlie boy.

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Honestly once Liz goes I think the royal family is finished. But this isn’t the thread for it!

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

If it happened during the festival itself then stopping the festival would be an absolute logistical nightmare. Better to keep people where they are instead of trying to get everyone off the farm. Some of the planned music and schedule will probably change but it wouldn’t stop the festival. 

What would happen re trains for getting home? Surely GWR etc would shut

8 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

What we saying, midday today? West Holts? 

Which obviously means a nailed on announcement for next week and only kidz field.

I do think today, but I don't think West Holts... thinking of somewhere along the lines of Block 9. Based on nothing but guess work!

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

There’s a 10 day operation involving military, police and broadcasters which will run from announcement to investiture of the new monarch. Pretty much nothing resembling normal life will be going on during that period. TV have their scheduled already pre recorded and on standby, Police and military will be organising local events.

Its absolutely ridiculous. Any other events we've got booked would be caught up in it too whenever it happens. Holidays too. Will be turning my TV and radio off for those 10 days for sure

Edited by efcfanwirral

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

What would happen re trains for getting home? Surely GWR etc would shut

Public transport is classed as an essential service so would still be running but probably on a reduced service. The private coach hire though is unknown though. I would have to assume they would stick to their pre agreed schedule. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Public transport is classed as an essential service so would still be running but probably on a reduced service. The private coach hire though is unknown though. I would have to assume they would stick to their pre agreed schedule. 

It would be absolute chaos otherwise, so hopefully. I would have to get involved in the scramble to find a car heading in my direction

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Its absolutely ridiculous. Any other events we've got booked would be caught up in it too whenever it happens. Holidays too. Will be turning my TV and radio off for those 10 days for sure

I'm dreading it. I despise the whole concept of a monarchy and the fact it is something that still exists today is a constant source of bemusement to me.

The already excruciating levels of sycophantic grovelling towards them will go through the roof. It's long past the point when they should have all been fucked off.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Glastonbury 2022 should surely be classed as an essential service at this point.

23 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I'd also assume that - pre booked coaches to get people off a site in the middle of nowhere have to be honoured.

The companies would be more than happy to do it I imagine, its the government who'd ultimately decide either way and it'd be mental to not allow that. Also it's private companies with private vehicles on the roads, so not really infrastructure you can shut down anyway. Unless they had checkpoints lockdown style which would obviously be ridiculous 

10 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Clutching at straws here but are announcements always on the hour ? Or can I keep ticking off every half hour so slow my productivity  down even further ?

Last time Silver Hayes was announced it was 12:41 on a Sunday.