news & politics:discussion

zahidf

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

and now he's saying this shit because he is nowhere near power, so he can...look at me I'm still relevant etc.

Yep, Javid is stepping down as an MP at the next election so what he says makes no difference whatsoever.

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yep, Javid is stepping down as an MP at the next election so what he says makes no difference whatsoever.

I mean...he is an ex health secretary so I guess his opinion matters and could have some influence...but why say this now and not when he was health sec or standing to be leader..?

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I mean...he is an ex health secretary so I guess his opinion matters and could have some influence...but why say this now and not when he was health sec or standing to be leader..?

To try to stay somewhat relevant? Or because he wants him and his Tory friends to profit from charges in the NHS?

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

They could, but it could also push the factionalism over the edge and lead to the party splitting. Dianne Abbott is openly attacking Wes Streeting on twitter now.

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

People always talk about parties splitting, but in our current system there is nowhere for unhappy MPs to go as change uk showed.

I don't think the spilt would be to form a party capable of governing rather to simply take enough votes to say "oh look Starmer is as/more unpopular as Corbyn"

Just now, lost said:

I don't think the spilt would be to form a party capable of governing rather to simply take enough votes to say "oh look Starmer is as/more unpopular as Corbyn"

yeah, but that is the point made by that thinktank...they say that labour would gain more votes than lose them if shift to right on social policies (which isn't what Abbott is moaning about with Streeting, that is because he is economically to the right).

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

and Sunaks a pharmacist .... bet no-one knew that either ...... Its amazing they produced such utter c**ts as children !!! 

Javid lived just round the corner from where I live the house is very derelict. The shop is a crap flooring shop. On what was once described as the most dangerous road in the country. 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I mean Labour would never win saying absurd stuff like this.

Maybe the discussion should swing to what use the migrants would be for a country where we have mass job vacancies in numerous sectors and the fact these people would be properly taxed … unlike others and contribute to the economy . Let’s hope at some point we get rid of the influence of murdoch !! Needs someone brave to take them on !!  Sadly starmer is never going to be that person 

15 hours ago, LJS said:

It's ok. He was wearing a seat belt.

It's only in Scotland its important to wear a seat belt, English cops can find people thrown out of crashed cars.