news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Hope this makes a difference … the Ukrainians staying with my folks have a tough decision to make … my parents took them on for 1 year and that time ends in may and it’s a nightmare finding accommodation to stay and paying for it . They may go home to the Ukraine as her husband is still there and most of her family too … 

I don't think it will be ending any time soon. What part of Ukraine are they from? large parts of the country are relatively safe, for now...

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Hope this makes a difference … the Ukrainians staying with my folks have a tough decision to make … my parents took them on for 1 year and that time ends in may and it’s a nightmare finding accommodation to stay and paying for it . They may go home to the Ukraine as her husband is still there and most of her family too … 

good for your parents btw.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't think it will be ending any time soon. What part of Ukraine are they from? large parts of the country are relatively safe, for now...

A safer area where I think the only real damage was early on to a local airport … can’t remember the name …. Yeah for 76 year olds with own challenges I’m proud of them but do think now they need to get lives back somewhat . Pretty sure they still have air raid sirens and have to shelter regularly though 

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Also this.

A person does not need a Gender Recognition Certificate to be protected under the characteristic of gender reassignment.

Yes but exemptions based on biological sex or GRC are specifically catered for.  Each service must decide and whether the decision is reasonable can ultimately be decided in court. The examples in the guidance where the exemptions may apply include  rape and domestic abuse centres, single sex wards and sport sessions. Of course it may be possible for these services to cater for trans people but also it may not. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Everyone loves a good strike until it impacts them

isn't going to, its nhs physios on strike today,  my trainee physio is working for free for the experience.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

So you was fishing for a comment? 🙂 

no, was just enjoying the anticipation of my massage today.

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

The ONLY good part of Brexit was the ability to do as we please ....  e.g. state aid to industry...  and we can't even get that right.

they've no idea what to do with brexit, cos they didn't understand the effect it would have.

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/26/trans-woman-isla-bryson-found-guilty-rape-not-be-held-in-womens-prison-sturgeon

Seems like there is a brain cell left up north...  Just a shame it seems to be on time share...

This seems to have massively backfired on the SNP. I think they wanted the discussion to be about a constitutional crisis after the vote. In reality its shone a spotlight on the whole trans/womens rights thing up there. I think most people wouldn't of thought it was possible for a rapist to be put in a women's prison.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

crumbs how low can they sink ? both in the polls and otherwise ... 

I think the lowest a polling company had for them was 19% which was maybe even this polling company. I doubt we’ll see them go lower than that.