news & politics:discussion

zahidf

56 minutes ago, lost said:

Quite the U-turn though. Only 24 hours ago the SNP were saying Bryson would be staying in the women's prison and they wouldn't intervene.

no they weren't that was a lie spread by the Daily Express.

52 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Because they are idiots to be frank...  Thick as two short planks...  The SNP even make the Tories look good.  Everything the SNP have power over is a disaster and following on from Covid where the UK Government let them get away with things like closing the border (highly debatable they had the right) they are attempting to pass some really poor legislation they don't have the rights to pass then crying like babies and saying its not fair and it Westminster being bullies (despite very few in Scotland actually agreeing with the policy).  They know they don't have the rights - its all about playing the people of Scotland for mugs to try and get independence. 

Its a total shit show.  I really wish the Scottish people would wake the hell up.

When did we close the border?  - we didn't  - you are just making shit up now 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/26/trans-woman-isla-bryson-found-guilty-rape-not-be-held-in-womens-prison-sturgeon

Seems like there is a brain cell left up north...  Just a shame it seems to be on time share...

The only sensible outcome. I’ve actually been to that prison lol on a school trip , very interesting 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Because they are idiots to be frank...  Thick as two short planks...  The SNP even make the Tories look good.  Everything the SNP have power over is a disaster and following on from Covid where the UK Government let them get away with things like closing the border (highly debatable they had the right) they are attempting to pass some really poor legislation they don't have the rights to pass then crying like babies and saying its not fair and it Westminster being bullies (despite very few in Scotland actually agreeing with the policy).  They know they don't have the rights - its all about playing the people of Scotland for mugs to try and get independence. 

Its a total shit show.  I really wish the Scottish people would wake the hell up.

They didn’t close the border and couldn’t anyway cause there isn’t really a proper border 

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/its-now-illegal-enter-scotland-19331056

Short memories you guys have...

Sure we could argue it was an empty gesture and so on but this did happen...

That isn’t closing the border lol, also during those times there was many areas of England people from other parts of England ‘couldn’t’ go to. Anyway who gives a fuck, covid been done and dusted for over a year 

37 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

FFS come on... Whatever you think its widely seen as the border being closed...  Exact words used by the article and the wider news at the time as well.  Its not a point about covid...  It a point about the SNP overreaching and being knobs.

I can’t even be fucked getting into it cause I try forget covid ever happened but non essential travel was banned in England at the same time. If you lived in Manchester you couldn’t have gone to London.

4 minutes ago, lost said:

Fundamental reform to get people into work. One fifth of UK adults of working age are economically inactive. Seems alot?

recon that's including loads of early retirements

my ge