news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Well that won't be possible for my generation...  Ticking time bomb just how poor the average persons pension pot is...

my generation had the hard sell of pensions, with the promise of retiring at fifty on a decent wedge. based in the stupid idea of a well-developed mature economy growing at the same rate as when it had to rebuild after war.

16 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think every generation beyond are parents are getting a raw deal.  I need to drum into my kids the need to save for retirement from a young age but with the cost of living it so challenging.

i've got no pension, and 67 is still a long way away for the state pension, as i'm now disabled and life is hard i'm ready to retire, I hope i might manage to swing things financially so that i can retire sooner (paying off the last bit of mortgage will make a big difference [as i'd need to spend less each month]).

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

You will be lucky if it stays at 67

the suggestion at the moment of it changing to 68, won't catch me (from what the suggested rules say).

...  I am think it will be well into the 70s by the time I make it - if I don't die first.

i've got about ten years to go for my state pension, and i reckon i might make it, the good thing with being in hospital for ages, is that they give you a full mot and service while you're waiting, and i seem to have passed it ok, which was quite a surprise for not_healthyliving_me 😛 

so i reckon i might make 75, but i've decided i won't make 88 as my mum did.

The scots have lost the plot

they have they've ended up doing what the grc was meant to stop.and been more anti-trans than anything jk has done.