news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

All the SNP care about is getting independence.  If they have let a few Scots die in the process - that is fine by them...

Utter c**ts to be honest but Scots seem to be too thick to get it...

It's exhausting, the fact that there are a solid 30% of the electorate who don't give a shit how bad the SNP are as independence is more important than anything else.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

It's exhausting, the fact that there are a solid 30% of the electorate who don't give a shit how bad the SNP are as independence is more important than anything else.

That 30%are happy for the snp to misuse independence to maintain support. 

in other news bristol city council is now a green party controlled council after the grre ns won a ward election the other day.

wonder if we'll do it for an mp at the next general- a good chance of that for one of the 4 bristol seats.

On 1/26/2023 at 12:34 PM, Barry Fish said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/26/trans-woman-isla-bryson-found-guilty-rape-not-be-held-in-womens-prison-sturgeon

Seems like there is a brain cell left up north...  Just a shame it seems to be on time share...

Now Sturgeon states Bryson is claiming to be transgender as an easy way out. I thought this wouldn’t happen.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he wouldn't be sending material that would allow the invasion of Russia. 🤔

As Lewis points out the Ukrainians don’t want to invade Russia so arms wouldn’t be used for that. So he’s basically saying he wouldn’t be sending arms to help them defend themselves. 

17 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Oh so we are going down the road of pointless abuse again.

@kaosmark2this back to being okay ? 

Use the mod report thing don't tag me. It looks like someone else removed it before I saw but I'm busy ATM so mostly just occasionally drifting into the football thread.

Just now, steviewevie said:

don't know what he's on about...the grass.

I'm not going to throw out any suspensions/restrictions when I've not been following to get context. There's other mods that can do that at the times I'm barely around.

But don't get personal again.

4 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Corbyn is making excuses for Putin and is being evasive on supporting Ukraine.

You do have to wonder if they have had dealings with each other before they became leading figures in their countries. I’m pretty sure the KGB would haven taken interest in high profile activists in the 80s. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

You do have to wonder if they have had dealings with each other before they became leading figures in their countries. I’m pretty sure the KGB would haven taken interest in high profile activists in the 80s. 

I think Corbyn is too fucking stupid for the KGB to want to actively deal with. I think it's just as simple as corbyn is anti-NATO and supporting it's opponents.

22 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Apparently Sam Smith isn't actually a man...  He is a they / them...

The world is a confusing place these days 🙂  

People seem to be losing the plot 🙂 

That became common knowledge years ago, keep up grandad 😂