news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I mean...we do need growth, she's right...but just doing loads of tax cuts maybe not the best answer, especially with public services struggling so much and big payouts to get us through covid and sky high energy prices...and they were warned that they could cause a financial crisis, but they blindly went ahead and totally fucked it. Her and her loony libertarian friends need to just fuck off. 

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I mean...we do need growth, she's right...but just doing loads of tax cuts maybe not the best answer, especially with public services struggling so much and big payouts to get us through covid and sky high energy prices...and they were warned that they could cause a financial crisis, but they blindly went ahead and totally fucked it. Her and her loony libertarian friends need to just fuck off. 

shes being used as a figurehead by tories who want tax cuts.

19 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I haven’t read the article but won’t this just lead to being charged more for 2 single tickets?

The idea is that 2 singles will be the same as the current return but believe it when I see it.

The main rationale I think is that currently with the trains being so bad, a lot of tickets are having to be refunded. If only one leg is impacted by delays yet you booked a return, the whole return has to be refunded. Under the new scheme, only the one single journey impacted will need to be refunded thereby saving the train companies money 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Truss and Johnson doing good job of undermining and damaging Sunak, and each other, and Tory chances at next election.

To be fair it’s probably an outlier as that guy suggests. As you say it shows the mess the Tories are in though. 

19 hours ago, Neil said:

Comedian Rosie Jones describes herself as a triple threat gay, disabled and Northern. I love that triple threat 

If only she was also black and Albanian, she'd be a quintet threat