news & politics:discussion

zahidf

20 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I feel the best option is some kind of hybrid where people do a bit of both. I think it’s important we don’t prioritise the mental health over the old over the young, need to find some middle ground.

The other option is to figure out how to provide that support etc. to new staff in other ways.

Certainly we do stuff where in inductions you sit on a call all day with your manager and we've done similar remote mirroring stuff where people will be on a call all day with a colleague, screen sharing if they're demonstrating stuff, etc. 

But we've had to figure it all out ourselves, no training from up high on doing this stuff.

10 hours ago, LJS said:
10 hours ago, Neil said:

It's a great place to keep abreast of where snippers thinking is. In the shit if wings is a cesspit. 

Wrong again Neil. It's a great place to hang out with transphobic bigots who think Alec Salmond is keeping women safe.

If you have a strong belief in gender identity theory then I can imagine it's a challenging place! I don't know this Stuart Campbell bloke who runs the site, but for those that do is he historically left or right wing?

Out of interest, where else would you get views on the candidates (and likely candidates) from SNP members?

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Was weirdly struggling to find a straight answer.

I'm pretty sure I read that it's a single transferable vote too, but I've also struggled to find details...and the lack of info has inevitably led to some WoS posters frothing at the mouth that it's all a conspiracy and a stitch-up (they seem particularly cross that Peter Murrell - Sturgeon's husband - is still CEO of the party what with the whole funding scandal hanging about).

22 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Tomato shortages. Climate change or brexit?

doesnt seem to be any issues in Europe yet the uk seems to have restrictions and paperwork .... something that impacts my job a fair bit ..... now imposed limits on buying about 10 fruit / veg items .... worst ive seen it whilst working there and thats around 26 years now ....although slightly better today and we dont seem to have been hit as badly as some other big supermarkets 

6 hours ago, Neil said:

i'm off out now to do my own bit of nhs privatisation with some volunteering.

that was lovely, i got to say hello to several of my favourite nurses, weird thing was she was the only thing i had to look at for several months, but i wouldn't have recognised her if she hadn't had her name badge on.

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Thanks Ozanne.

Nothing about STV, but maybe that would come into play with a membership ballot if more than one candidate secures 100+ nominations. 

The separate vote for FM could technically become interesting if all the non SNP parties rallied around a separate candidate as the SNP don't have a majority, unlikely though.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Shamima Begum. Discuss?

(my point of view is no matter what she is a british citizen and our responsibility)

Yep, and groomed. Let her bsck into the uk. 

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Shamima Begum. Discuss?

(my point of view is no matter what she is a british citizen and our responsibility)

There was a girl from just round the corner from me who went and joined is. It's gone oddly quiet about her. I knew something was up when I bumped into the bbcs john kay in my neighbourhood. 

19 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Shamima Begum. Discuss?

I'd be interested to know how she poses a security threat. But we live in a system where murderers snd rapists are released and are monitored or allowed to join the police force. Surely that would be applicable here.