news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

surely best outcome would be for Boris to just go away and shut up.

A by-election would be very difficult for Sunak to manage.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

surely best outcome would be for Boris to just go away and shut up.

They might beieve his defence and label him a truth teller.

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Plans to raise pension age to 68 binned because we're not living as long....silver linings and all that.

i think i'll still manage 67, if they change it to 68, i'm counting down the days to state pension, already.

i'm off today to volunteer for a charity that's contracted to provide services to the NHS, so privatisation, if you like, these services have never been provided in Bristol by the NHS, so its good the charity is helping Bristol NHS expand its services.

27 minutes ago, Neil said:

i'm off today to volunteer for a charity that's contracted to provide services to the NHS, so privatisation, if you like, these services have never been provided in Bristol by the NHS, so its good the charity is helping Bristol NHS expand its services.

Good on you for doing charity work, hope it goes well. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Good on you for doing charity work, hope it goes well. 

thanks - doing it to give back to the charity that's supported me.

its only as good as the support it gets.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:
4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Boris Johnson voting against Windsor Framework. Juicy.

and Truss and Patel. Blimey.

Just playing catch up...does this mean that Johnson has had a quiet word to Sunak and said if you don't let me off the hook you won't get your NI legislation passed?

9 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Just playing catch up...does this mean that Johnson has had a quiet word to Sunak and said if you don't let me off the hook you won't get your NI legislation passed?

I don't imagine, but you never know....it's going to pass because of labour votes...and I guess brexit/eu still divides the tories but maybe not as much as before...maybe Johnson sees this as something that could also help him in a future leadership competition but surely he must be realising that is looking less and less likely.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't imagine, but you never know....it's going to pass because of labour votes...and I guess brexit/eu still divides the tories but maybe not as much as before...maybe Johnson sees this as something that could also help him in a future leadership competition but surely he must be realising that is looking less and less likely.

Ah okay, Labour voting for it then...well it's just more tory internal psychodrama then. Feeling pretty much the same way as Freedman right now:

4 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Ah okay, Labour voting for it then...well it's just more tory internal psychodrama then. Feeling pretty much the same way as Freedman right now:

yeah, definitely. Just want him to go away and earn loads of money from sad sacks of shit who actually pay to watch him speak bollocks.