news & politics:discussion

zahidf

It's a bit of a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario for Rishi. If he doesn't get rid of him he's weak and corrupt, if he does get rid of him it's another senior Tory getting canned for being a shit bag.

I suspect in itself it won't move the needle much, but it all contributes to the image of the Torys being the baddies. More ammo for Labour.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Zahawi was a boris c**t. Raab is a rishi c**t.

Maybe public doesn't care, but no one likes a bully.

He may be one of his own c**ts. However if you are going to get rid of one of your gang, I think you want to look decisive. While I agree nobody likes a bully, do you think the Patel bullying had any significant impact?

19 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

He may be one of his own c**ts. However if you are going to get rid of one of your gang, I think you want to look decisive. While I agree nobody likes a bully, do you think the Patel bullying had any significant impact?

I think with Johnson it all added up...it was one thing after the other...and this will be same for Sunak...one more knock, bully boy sunak, friend of paedos, lover of maths.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I said people don’t know who the deputy pm is not who Raab is. However I suspect Raab name recognition is far less than you think. I saw some polling once and name recognition for high profile politicians was really low.

I think a better comparison would be Patel who was found to be a bully. Lots of anger on twitter, but the story faded away. My guess is the same happens, but will need to see what the report says.

Raab/Dep PM I meant as one of the same, people will know that he’s a senior Tory in government and being done for bullying. I saw polling earlier that showed 70 odd % think he should resign if found guilty, goes to show that people would be bothered. 

33 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Raab/Dep PM I meant as one of the same, people will know that he’s a senior Tory in government and being done for bullying. I saw polling earlier that showed 70 odd % think he should resign if found guilty, goes to show that people would be bothered. 

I think if you ask that question people will say yes. That’s not however the question Sunak is asking, the question is what is the impact of (those who are paying attention) being bothered. If it impacts on how they vote that’s an issue, if people are bothered for a couple of days and move on to the next story it’s not. As I said before the Patel story kind of fizzled out, will this one be different?

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think if you ask that question people will say yes. That’s not however the question Sunak is asking, the question is what is the impact of (those who are paying attention) being bothered. If it impacts on how they vote that’s an issue, if people are bothered for a couple of days and move on to the next story it’s not. As I said before the Patel story kind of fizzled out, will this one be different?

Sunak should be asking if it’s the right thing to sack a Minister that’s bullying his staff but he’s far too weak to do that. If the reports are anywhere near true then it should be fairly big the PM letting his Deputy get away with it.

He might get away with letting Raab off the hook, like every Tory leader he’ll get given all the leeway possible.

6 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

all stories fizzle out in the end...but they always leave behind a bit of damage.

Anyway, it all depends on how bad the report is. I guess we'll all get to see it at some point?

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

all stories fizzle out in the end...but they always leave behind a bit of damage.

Anyway, it all depends on how bad the report is. I guess we'll all get to see it at some point?

It gets published when Sunak announces his decision.

How weak is Rishi Sunak that he’s not able to sack a Minister that’s been confirmed as a bully!? Then he comes out and praises that person afterwards.

Sunak is not cut out to be PM. He’s so weak.