news & politics:discussion

zahidf

39 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

all the corbynites desperately defending Roger Waters on twitter.

i almost sold efestivals to an Israeli firm, decided not to  as i thought that would offend some people, also i had a better offer.

59 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

20230527_100314.jpg

The right have been in power for 13 years, they’ve won the EU referendum and have a large majority in Parliament yet they still moan. 

I'll give Just Stop Oil some credit, they're fucking brave. I have no idea if these campaigns are working, they are certainly getting attention...but there is a lot of hate towards them...and do they just look like extremist eco warrior nutters so making their cause seem extreme?...or maybe the only way to get things actually changed is through disruption like this...see poll tax riots, suffragettes, various revolutions....compared to nice peaceful but massive demos that make fuck all difference (Iraq, remain etc)

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I'll give Just Stop Oil some credit, they're fucking brave. I have no idea if these campaigns are working, they are certainly getting attention...but there is a lot of hate towards them...and do they just look like extremist eco warrior nutters so making their cause seem extreme?...or maybe the only way to get things actually changed is through disruption like this...see poll tax riots, suffragettes, various revolutions....compared to nice peaceful but massive demos that make fuck all difference (Iraq, remain etc)

I think the trouble is not just the campaign, but the lack of a figurehead that can go and the tv and get the sympathy of the audience , like Mick Lynch did last year.

5 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Yeah I saw that, absolute disgrace. Full blown factionalist nonsense.

he was suspended, has apologised loads for his behaviour, and got sober because he obviously had a problem...but if he has had whip restored then surely so should Diane Abbott? 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

4 MPs (3 Tory and 1 SNP) caught putting driving fines through expenses. Of course it was all a mistake, disgraceful behaviour.

Yet more Tory sleaze, what happened to integrity etc etc?

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

he was suspended, has apologised loads for his behaviour, and got sober because he obviously had a problem...but if he has had whip restored then surely so should Diane Abbott? 

He's been repeatedly guilty of racist behaviour and has blamed it on his drinking. I've got a friend whose in his constituency and thinks all the apologies are crocodile tears. Even aside from that, I think he should have had to have been sober for over a year and undergone at least one educational course on Sinophobia.

I think he's a fucking abhorrent piece of shit and I can't vote for the Labour party if they're going to let him back in. Sinophobia has been both on the rise and become massively more accepted post-Covid.

I agree that it's double standards, and I don't think either should be let back in.

7 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Yet more Tory sleaze, what happened to integrity etc etc?

The SNP have Tory sleeze they are the tartan Tories.