news & politics:discussion

zahidf

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

they were saying this a few months ago, right? 

Yeah but it’s important for them to highlight it given the climate crisis and also the protests. 

5 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Am i the only one who finds it really strange that this Philip Schofield thing is getting so much coverage?

no strange, who knew that schofield was jimmy saville?

6 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Am i the only one who finds it really strange that this Philip Schofield thing is getting so much coverage?

Pure speculation but I'd guess that he's pissed off a lot of people who have wanted to expose the 'real' Philip Schofield but not been able to and they are all now enjoying this all a bit too much and getting some revenge out of it. Some variation on that is often the case when a 'beloved celeb' crashes and burns

22 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah but it’s important for them to highlight it given the climate crisis and also the protests. 

and its important for Nats to hate Labour, particularly when labour are more radical than the Nats.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

not really, it has all the ingredients.

Why has it so engaged the right wing media so much. I find the people they target strange Meghan, Lineker , Schofield as i don’t really see what connects them. Also a load of people piling in Schofield for honesty, potentially using influence inappropriately and affairs love Boris.

31 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Why has it so engaged the right wing media so much. I find the people they target strange Meghan, Lineker , Schofield as i don’t really see what connects them. Also a load of people piling in Schofield for honesty, potentially using influence inappropriately and affairs love Boris.

That's part of it too. Distracts from what Johnson did as well as muddying the waters in that 'they're all as bad as each other, everyone's doing it, so is what Johnson did really that bad' sort of way.

51 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

because he's a well known celeb? because he's gay? because there's potential of a cover up of grooming?

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

because he's a well known celeb? because he's gay? because there's potential of a cover up of grooming?

I honestly think in a parallel universe where Boris had employed a 15 year old girl and then started an affair at a later date, they would just say it’s Boris being Boris.

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

potential of a cover up of grooming?

Probably this regarding Schofield and Lineker. Cultivating a certain public persona whilst in the background covering things up/using injunctions. Any rumour of an injunction seems to be a red rag to bull to the press.

1 hour ago, lost said:

Probably this regarding Schofield and Lineker. Cultivating a certain public persona whilst in the background covering things up/using injunctions. Any rumour of an injunction seems to be a red rag to bull to the press.

I didn't know Lineker has used injunctions. The Mail goes for Lineker because he defends immigrants.  I think the press have waited a long time to get Schofield, the grooming rumours have been around on twitter for ages. Narcissists like Harry and Meghan deserve all they get.

43 minutes ago, lazyred said:

I didn't know Lineker has used injunctions. 

I think Alex Ferguson accused him of it. He also had an argument with Joey Barton after he was sent off vs Man City in the title winning game. Barton said Lineker had a lot of skeletons in his closet people don't know about. I've heard what some of the rumours are.

Edited by lost
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lost said:

I think Alex Ferguson accused him of it. He also had an argument with Joey Barton after he was sent off vs Man City in the title winning game. Barton said Lineker had a lot of skeletons in his closet people don't know about. I've heard what some of the rumours are.

oh well if Joey Barton said it it must be true.