news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Of course they've got something to hide if they thought they were personally at risk from the virus they wouldn't of all been meeting up and partying. It'll be sorry you had 18 months of your life pissed up the wall / missed relatives funerals / couldn't get your cancer check-up. We overreacted and then couldn't stop digging.

Edited by lost

28 minutes ago, lost said:

Of course they've got something to hide if they thought they were personally at risk from the virus they wouldn't have all been meeting up and partying. It'll be sorry you had 18 months of your life pissed up the wall / missed relatives funerals / couldn't get your cancer check-up. We overreacted and then couldn't stop digging.

My guess is that in isolation they knew there wasn’t much of a risk to the these individual gatherings, but were worried that widespread gatherings could be an issue. They effectively wanted others to take the sacrifice.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

My guess is that in isolation they knew there wasn’t much of a risk to the these individual gatherings, but were worried that widespread gatherings could be an issue. They effectively wanted others to take the sacrifice.

Basically yes. The plebs won't understand after they'd been to the party not to go straight to the nearest nursing home and start licking 95 year old Betty who has stage 4 lung cancer.

This inquiry won't be about parties in downing st, it will be overall how govt dealt with the pandemic, learn lessons for next time etc. I can see why govt would want to keep some things away from inquiry, not all stuff needs to go public, but I guess it's for this Lady Hallett to determine what is relevant or not. Maybe Sunak is worried about his eat out to help out thing, or maybe that he was the reason lockdowns were delayed, or maybe it's dodgy PPE contracts.

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

This inquiry won't be about parties in downing st, it will be overall how govt dealt with the pandemic, learn lessons for next time etc. I can see why govt would want to keep some things away from inquiry, not all stuff needs to go public, but I guess it's for this Lady Hallett to determine what is relevant or not. Maybe Sunak is worried about his eat out to help out thing, or maybe that he was the reason lockdowns were delayed, or maybe it's dodgy PPE contracts.

The government clearly don’t want to pass any of these messages on as it could incriminate them or harm their reputations. This all looks so dodgy. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The government clearly don’t want to pass any of these messages on as it could incriminate them or harm their reputations. This all looks so dodgy. 

it will probably just make it clear that Johnson was ill equipped to deal with such a crisis and totally out of his depth....but not sure why Sunak would not want that to be made public....maybe because it just makes them all look sh*t.

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe Sunak is worried about his eat out to help out thing, or maybe that he was the reason lockdowns were delayed, or maybe it's dodgy PPE contracts.

All those things happened before May 2021. Not sure what it would be in the later stages.

Why they suddenly withdrew the AstraZeneca vaccine?

57 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it will probably just make it clear that Johnson was ill equipped to deal with such a crisis and totally out of his depth....but not sure why Sunak would not want that to be made public....maybe because it just makes them all look sh*t.

Probably because Sunak said things or pushed for things that aren’t good or at worst meant the virus spread faster. 

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If these messages are worth this type of cover up then surely there’s something very damaging on there!?

I reckon it'll take just be Boris being his normal repulsive self.

Edited by Neil

Didn't Farage get something like 3.8 million votes?

The only reason we haven't had a new populist right wing party emerge like the rest of Europe is probably FPTP.