news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

You hate it and you know it but you’ve been wishy washy and tried to see both sides when you clearly disagree with it. Tell me you aren’t concerned by it?

I am not concerned by it. You think you're some sort of mind reader or something. Don't be a dick forever bentos.

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I am not concerned by it. You think you're some sort of mind reader or something. Don't be a dick forever bentos.

You aren't concerned by a popular Mayor being unable to stand for an incredibly flimsy reason? We all know you're left wing, just stand by your principles

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You aren't concerned by a popular Mayor being unable to stand for an incredibly flimsy reason? We all know you're left wing, just stand by your principles

Ok...I am not that comfortable with the purge on the left that is going on, and the factionalism within labour does my head in sometimes...but this guy did an event with Loach who got kicked out of Labour for antisemitism and will not apologies for it or condemn anything that Loach has said...and Starmer has already said there is zero tolerance for this so what does he expect. Maybe they're using it as an excuse to get rid of all traces of corbynites and momentum people etc...or maybe antisemitism was a big problem within Labour and he wants to get rid of it as much as possible. Ultimately it doesn't bother me that much, I'm not that left wing really, and I just want Labour to win because they hardly ever do.

59 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Ok...I am not that comfortable with the purge on the left that is going on, and the factionalism within labour does my head in sometimes...but this guy did an event with Loach who got kicked out of Labour for antisemitism and will not apologies for it or condemn anything that Loach has said...and Starmer has already said there is zero tolerance for this so what does he expect. Maybe they're using it as an excuse to get rid of all traces of corbynites and momentum people etc...or maybe antisemitism was a big problem within Labour and he wants to get rid of it as much as possible. Ultimately it doesn't bother me that much, I'm not that left wing really, and I just want Labour to win because they hardly ever do.

It makes absolutely no sense. It is a totally flimsy reason. By this incredibly weak logic, Starmer should be booted out cause he willingly served in Corbyn’s shadow cabinet. And Corbyn is surely a massive anti- Semite right?

You absolutely are left wing, I’ve seen your posts here for years. And yes I’m sure you want Labour to win, but I’m convinced you don’t think this is acceptable.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Is that weirdo still obsessed by what I post on here?

Hopefully one day he’ll get the hint that I’m not interested. 

12 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Russia has blown up a dam...so likely going to flood large areas causing catastrophic damage, and also it provides cooling to a nuclear power plant so god knows what is going to happen there. What a bunch of w*nkers. 

The Ukrainians have called some dam experts 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-65827355

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Ok...I am not that comfortable with the purge on the left that is going on,

are you smart enough to know they're purging themselves.

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

It’s not a good look for that Mayor. 

What about when Comrade Keir was writing in marxist pamphlets, was that a good look? 

I also refer you to my earlier post about Mandelson spending time with Epstein post prison for being a nonce.

And that Neil Coyle has been readmitted to the PLP.

I myself think there is a marked difference between sharing a platform with someone who is falsely accused of antisemitism at an event that you have not organised is quite a lot better than having a sleepover with a convicted child sex trafficker, or, in the case of Coyle, being an actual sex pest and a racist bully.

The Labour party is disgusting.

IMG_0184.jpeg

7 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

What about when Comrade Keir was writing in marxist pamphlets, was that a good look? 

I also refer you to my earlier post about Mandelson spending time with Epstein post prison for being a nonce.

And that Neil Coyle has been readmitted to the PLP.

I myself think there is a marked difference between sharing a platform with someone who is falsely accused of antisemitism at an event that you have not organised is quite a lot better than having a sleepover with a convicted child sex trafficker, or, in the case of Coyle, being an actual sex pest and a racist bully.

The Labour party is disgusting.

IMG_0184.jpeg

wow, so handsome.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

The latest on Labour and the Tories are the same. 

The average swing voter couldn’t care less about the selection contest for mayor in the north east. They do care about  social care and that their family or themselves will get good quality care if needed. I know as a health professional good, consistent social care is a good investment as it keeps people out of hospital. The trouble is we value our carers so poorly, the best carers move to a different profession.

11 hours ago, Neil said:

are you smart enough to know they're purging themselves.

ok yeah...maybe not so much purge but via the selection thing, keeping anyone left from standing for labour. I can see why they're doing it, they want loyalty to the starmer/reeves project, especially if they don't have a majority or if that majority is small...but at same time Labour is/was supposed to be a broad coalition, and long term not sure excluding a significant section of the electorate just to supposedly win over swing voters will help them, but maybe I'm wrong as I often am. I do think it's possible another left party could get set up, but not sure how well they would do or how long they could last...they would probably end up fighting amongst themselves...people's front of judea and all that. If/when Labour does get in power they will be waiting, along with the tories, for any f**k ups or breaking of manifesto pledges and will be all over it...and in future if those swing voters swing back because there's still loads of bloody immigrants and public services are still sh*t and tory party are promising to fix everything etc...labour will lose them and won't have the starmer hating left to help them out either. Anyway, it's difficult..can't get that bothered too much really because the polls and I think Starmer is actually doing a tough job pretty well and he deserves a lot more credit than he gets (but I also worry about all the social conservative sh*t to please those bloody red wall voters).

DATA

MRP Polling: New Boundaries June 2023 (bestforbritain.org)

CONCLUSION

• Our data shows that the Labour Party is on track to win 470 seats - and a 140+ seat parliamentary majority on new constituency boundaries.

• But, our analysis which models a range of scenarios, puts Labour’s majorities under varying degrees of risk. 

• One model, that assumes Reform UK will stand down for the Conservatives in marginal seats, gives Labour 401 seats, and the Conservatives 202 seats.

• Another model, based on similar analysis to our wavering wall report assesses what happens when you transfer undecided voters by their education profile. This gives Labour 370 seats, and the Conservatives 232 seats.

• When combining the above scenarios into a ‘worst case scenario’ model - where undecided voters break in favour of the Conservatives, and Reform UK stands down in marginal seats, the model predicts a hung parliament where Labour get 316 seats and the Conservatives get 286 seats.

• Voter trends in Scotland are dominated by the fall in the SNP vote share which has led to a rise in undecided voters, thus meaning the Labour Party are currently on track to win in a number of seats in Scotland.