news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I can see tories tearing themselves apart...you have the thatcherite low tax lot like Truss, Redwood and co...the social conservative, nationalist lot like Braverman and the NatCons...and then the so called one nation tories, or more pragmatic tories who deal with realities like Hunt and Gove. Not sure where Sunak falls in this, or Badenoch, obviously there's some overlap but I think those two are on the more pragmatic side of things. But Bojo might be about to throw a stick of dynamite in there.

33 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I can see tories tearing themselves apart...you have the thatcherite low tax lot like Truss, Redwood and co...the social conservative, nationalist lot like Braverman and the NatCons...and then the so called one nation tories, or more pragmatic tories who deal with realities like Hunt and Gove. Not sure where Sunak falls in this, or Badenoch, obviously there's some overlap but I think those two are on the more pragmatic side of things. But Bojo might be about to throw a stick of dynamite in there.

Yeah, but look at the state of Labour 😉

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Glad that the shadowy deepstate remainer metropolitan elite got Boris and Trump in the end. Good work everyone.

This ‘blob’ they keep talking about sound fun:

Andrea Jenkyns, the Tory MP for Morley and Outwood who was nominated for a damehood by Boris Johnson, has said she will not resign in the wake of the former prime minister’s resignation.

She tweeted: “To the journalists calling me tonight, just to clarify I am certainly not resigning. It’s a great honour to serve my constituents & our great country. The unjust events & BorisJohnson resignation tonight has made me more determined to stand up to the blob wherever they reside.”

Was Jenkyns the classy one who stuck her fingers up at everyone?

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

This ‘blob’ they keep talking about sound fun:

Andrea Jenkyns, the Tory MP for Morley and Outwood who was nominated for a damehood by Boris Johnson, has said she will not resign in the wake of the former prime minister’s resignation.

She tweeted: “To the journalists calling me tonight, just to clarify I am certainly not resigning. It’s a great honour to serve my constituents & our great country. The unjust events & BorisJohnson resignation tonight has made me more determined to stand up to the blob wherever they reside.”

Was Jenkyns the classy one who stuck her fingers up at everyone?

yes.

Doesn't all this cast doubt on Bojo's honours list?

33 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Is there any other type of Tory? 😀

no, but gove and spelling mistake are leaders in the corrupt branch of tories.

41 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I think she would have done better in the honours list if she'd quit just to make way for him.

Sunak could’ve blocked her peerage though?

It’s kind of unprecedented, to stand down immediately there’s a strange position MPs have to take first and there’s only 2 of them. So with 3 MPs going at once it’s not clear what will happen and yet we’ve heard nothing from the PM. 

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s kind of unprecedented, to stand down immediately there’s a strange position MPs have to take first and there’s only 2 of them. So with 3 MPs going at once it’s not clear what will happen and yet we’ve heard nothing from the PM. 

has Boris given him his fridge to hide in ?

On 6/9/2023 at 8:14 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

got to be ..... Trump news today too , what a great news day 

Oh, so I picked a sh*t couple of days to go offline <sigh>.

Thank f**k he's gone, what a childish prick, just read his resignation letter, could have been better written by a 12 year old.