news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

never mind glastonbury, interest rates are up to 5%! Boom!

Isn’t the definition of madness to keep on doing the same thing and expect different results?

Festival related. Doune the Rabbit hole has cancelled due to calls for a boycott by acts by Bectu the union as the festival owed cash for the previous year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-65976470

The festival has helpfully said that punters should approach their bank/credit card company as they won't be issuing refunds, which I thought was nice.

I had this as one of the festival to go to in future and its a pity it is run by tossers.

43 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

onwards and upwards to oblivion.

(you at the festival? having a good time??)

Yes I am mate, by the SE corner atm. You feeling the FOMO?

12 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Is it too soon for theories?

I've spotted a cracking conspiracy theory on twitter 😆

Apparently James Cameron knows the truth and so includes a scene in the film titanic where there are a group of industrialists arguing about the formation of the federal reserve. This is supposed to have actually happened, 3 industrialists were on their way to America to stop the federal reserve being formed. The "powerful bankers" knew they were coming and so stuck a bomb on the titanic.

The issue now is with technology and titanic tourism increasing the right person will eventually go down who knows about damage and impact and spot that it couldn't of been done by iceberg and start asking questions. This company was selected to cause this accident and stop titanic tourism.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

what a shame you're not all here to celebrate brexit day. What a fantastic idea that was. Well done all.

Apparently Question Time last night had an entire audience of people who voted Leave. Wonder how they all feel now?