news & politics:discussion

zahidf

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So I’m back and washed from Glasto? Did I miss much? Has a general election been called yet?

welcome back to civilisation., or maybe welcome back from civilsation.

Russia was on the brink of civil war for a while...that was a definitely the main news on saturday. Back here it's just the usual the economy is hosed and so are the tories.

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

welcome back to civilisation., or maybe welcome back from civilsation.

Russia was on the brink of civil war for a while...that was a definitely the main news on saturday. Back here it's just the usual the economy is hosed and so are the tories.

I saw the Russian thing ended as soon as it started, looked interesting for a while.

Polls are looking even better rn aren’t they!?

29 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I saw the Russian thing ended as soon as it started, looked interesting for a while.

Polls are looking even better rn aren’t they!?

I don't think the Russian thing is over, but  it did look like a coup could happen for a while. It was all about which c**t would take over.

Polls are still good for Labour, maybe a bit better. This inflation and rate rising thing could be nail in the coffin for the tories.

Edited by steviewevie

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I don't think the Russian thing is over, but there it did look like a coup could happen for a while. It was all about which c**t would take over.

Polls are still good for Labour, maybe a bit better. This inflation and rate rising thing could be nail in the coffin for the tories.

I’m proud of you for keeping this thread running in absence, you’ve done a great job 😉

1 minute ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

First you get water, then electricity. Move onto the train stations and all you need is a couple of hotels and you are a winner 😉

nationalised train stations with hotels was a failure.

Governments, pension funds, mortgage holders and now water companies. Everyone thought we'd have zero interest rates for ever and they could just load up on as much debt as possible.

I wonder what is going to break next?

Edited by lost

17 minutes ago, lost said:

Governments, pension funds, mortgage holders and now water companies. Everyone thought we'd have zero interest rates for ever and they could just load up on as much debt as possible.

I wonder what is going to break next?

the housing market?

UK plc?

Tory party?