news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 hours ago, lost said:

Governments, pension funds, mortgage holders and now water companies. Everyone thought we'd have zero interest rates for ever and they could just load up on as much debt as possible.

I wonder what is going to break next?

They’re going to go to at least 6 percent too. They need to do what it takes to stamp out inflation asap, the BoE acted way too slow 

The Tories getting torn apart it seems on QT this evening, the game is up for them and they know they are done. They have no answers and no ideas to solve any of the issues. 

7 hours ago, Ozanne said:

As I said, no ideas. 

she is only responsible for the boats pledge...what about all the other ones. Is he going to sack Hunt and Barclay too? Or sack Bailey? Get rid of the woke bank of england and the woke courts?

(still, good that she's going, she needs to f**k off)

Is the sugar tax going to be another lockdown-esque policy that ends up unintentionally killing people by a different method. I know there has always been suggestions about aspartame but it looks like its about to be a confirmed carcinogen.

13 minutes ago, lost said:

Is the sugar tax going to be another lockdown-esque policy that ends up unintentionally killing people by a different method. I know there has always been suggestions about aspartame but it looks like its about to be a confirmed carcinogen.

Something else I can't consume. Woke who.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Is alcohol still ok?

Nobody knows. Definitely a carcinogen in larger amounts but nobody can work out what the safe limit is or even if there is one.

4 hours ago, lost said:

I think they are saying aspartame is a possible carcinogen. They say the same about glyphosate but you have to drink it by the pint. Mind you I don't drink it anyway as it gives me wind. 

Aspartame thar is not glyphosate.