news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Neil said:

corbynistas live in fantasyland where nothing they say is thought thru or uses the facts or realities.

you've ignored everything i've said again. I'm not a corbynista ffs, I am supporting getting rid of a policy that takes us back to the David cameron era for f**ks sake, hardly hard left is it.

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Left means supporting callous tory policies apparently lol. Moron.

capitalism is in place just like the two child cap, so to be proper left to your standards we should be advocating the end of capitalism. 😄

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

you've ignored everything i've said again. I'm not a corbynista ffs, I am supporting getting rid of a policy that takes us back to the David cameron era for f**ks sake, hardly hard left is it.

its not taking us back anywhere, its the policy in place that exists, to be proper-left-bentos style, we need to change every existing policy of govt, 

When #SirKidStarver is trending for 48 hours and it's not even your own policy you've f**ked up. Even my mates that hang out with Tories think this is disgusting, pointless, and loses as many votes as it gains. It's such an easy thing to reverse.

I get that a lot of times, cancelling a policy isn't actually simple, as even if you bring in the previous system, that's no longer fit for purpose, and refinement work needs to be done. There's a lot of really sh*tty obnoxious tory sh*t that won't be easy to undo.

But this is easy. And it's good optics. The sort of "pro-growth, get workers" nonsense concerned about low birth rates will be in favour. Govt gets savings elsewhere when people are lifted out of poverty. Unless Labour is going to let the Daily Heil write its manifesto, they have to stand up to them on something instead of just being reactionary.

So far, I've seen climate change, queer people, immigrants, refugees, low-hours workers, nurses, and now starving kids being abandoned by Labour. What's left?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I presented facts from the start which you have yet to acknowledge. Cost (£1.3 billion), result= 250k out of poverty, 850k poverty lessened. What exactly is 'stupid-land' about this? 

You have presented no facts cause you're thick as sh*t. You've just claimed another policy will replace this one which is just nonsense- the 'cost will be carried by another programme that is just as worthy'. At least I believe in a real thing, not just make believe like you.

you collect yourself the benefits, but none of the costs.

me, i'll end poverty tomorrow, support me else you can't be left wing.

Edited by Neil

3 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

When #SirKidStarver is trending for 48 hours and it's not even your own policy you've f**ked up. Even my mates that hang out with Tories think this is disgusting, pointless, and loses as many votes as it gains. It's such an easy thing to reverse.

I get that a lot of times, cancelling a policy isn't actually simple, as even if you bring in the previous system, that's no longer fit for purpose, and refinement work needs to be done. There's a lot of really sh*tty obnoxious tory sh*t that won't be easy to undo.

But this is easy. And it's good optics. The sort of "pro-growth, get workers" nonsense concerned about low birth rates will be in favour. Govt gets savings elsewhere when people are lifted out of poverty. Unless Labour is going to let the Daily Heil write its manifesto, they have to stand up to them on something instead of just being reactionary.

So far, I've seen climate change, queer people, immigrants, refugees, low-hours workers, nurses, and now starving kids being abandoned by Labour. What's left?

if they're really "starving kids" then extra money into the hands of unfit parents won't fix it.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

its not taking us back anywhere, its the policy in place that exists, to be proper-left-bentos style, we need to change every existing policy of govt, 

I honestly just can't even comprehend how you can be so dumb. It's like you can't even read what's put in front of you.

I'd say it is a fairly easy left wing position to say I want as few kids in poverty as possible, especially when it costs just over a billion to take 250k out of poverty.

I honestly just can't even comprehend how you can be so dumb. It's like you can't even read what's put in front of you.

I'd say it is a fairly easy left wing position to say I want as few kids in poverty as possible, especially when it costs just over a billion to take 250k out of poverty.

while also creating new poverty of resources elsewhere. (you forgot that part: how can you be so dumb?)

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Perhaps some of us are bored with it being some kind of game and just demand honesty and integrity and our politicians not being twats … Labour can still win the election with some human policies and not just reverting to Tory . They really don’t have to do these things . Just sell things better . 

Don’t you think we all are bored by the rigged system? I’ve been talking about it for years how the Tories play politics on easy mode and this is prime example of that. We might not like it but it’s the political reality in this country.

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

capitalism is in place just like the two child cap, so to be proper left to your standards we should be advocating the end of capitalism. 😄

Question, why can the person this reply is direct to constantly get away with calling people morons and being outright aggressive here? There’s 3 mods in this thread doing nothing about it. 

Edited by Ozanne

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Is that a daily fail quote ? 

its the fact there is no reason for any parent to have starving kids, that can be addressed if they're fit parents putting the effort in. if they're not putting the effort into their kids there's a good chance they'll spaff  any extra benefits and the kids won't benefit directly from it.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Question, why can the person this reply is direct to constantly get away with calling people morons and being outright aggressive here? There’s 3 mods in this thread doing nothing about it. 

with my new status, i'm choosing not to mod in topics i'm posting in.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

its the fact there is no reason for any parent to have starving kids, that can be addressed if they're fit parents putting the effort in. if they're not putting the effort into their kids there's a good chance they'll spaff  any extra benefits and the kids won't benefit directly from it.

A mortifying view point to have. That is just textbook Tory. That isn't even right of Labour, that's borderline Farage esque

Just now, Ozanne said:

Don’t you think we all are bored by the rigged system? I’ve been talking about it for years how the Tories play politics on easy mode and this is prime example of that. We might not like it but it’s the political reality in this country

It’s a reality that is not beyond change .. if we continue down this path with scummy tit for tat and trying to match the other then there really is little hope for us or either party … time we started reacting in a positive way and explained how and why things are being done in a different manner … I’d suggest that might be popular with the electorate too 

A mortifying view point to have. That is just textbook Tory. That isn't even right of Labour, that's borderline Farage esque

what were the big numbers you quoted for those affected by the policy, and now you'll admit that  you believe those big numbers are matched by the starved to-death dead kids found every day 
(tyou'll admit that cos you're dumb!!!!).

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

with my new status, i'm choosing not to mod in topics i'm posting in.

I understand, that’s a fair approach. Why don’t the other mods do anything?

Surely calling people ‘morons’ ‘dumb’ ‘c*nts’ constantly is ground for the mods to step in?

Just now, Ozanne said:

I understand, that’s a fair approach. Why don’t the other mods do anything?

Surely calling people ‘morons’ ‘dumb’ ‘c*nts’ constantly is ground for the mods to step in?

while we're at it, can I call you a massive virgin too just so it's on the record

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

if they're really "starving kids" then extra money into the hands of unfit parents won't fix it.

show me the starving kids then.